“Excellent for Early Flights - Love This Hotel !!!!!”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #42 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This was a fantastic hotel.
Stayed here eith my Husband and 2 children.
Room was very large, 2 double beds and very clean.
We were flying at 7.05am in the morning and we paid the hotel for parking and room.
It cost £108. (booked well in advance with the Hotel) with 15 days parking - Bargain.
Cannot fault the hotel. Had a meal in the Restaurant and husband had the steak (expensive, but good) and I had the Cajun Chicken - also excellent. Children had meals and these were free.
Bar area very nice, a little expensive, but we were on holiday so didn't really care - lol.
Transfers by the mini bus fantastic. To and from the airport. Only had to wait for 5 mins maximum at both ends.
I will definately do this again when travelling next year - it extends your holiday by 1 day and takes the panic of leaving home early with kids to get a flight.
Recommend Recommend Recommend
FAB FAB FAB Hotel
Well done Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jadesamjordan
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza because i had a job interview rather early the following morning. The courtesy bus was very fast! When i called from the airport the girl informed me a bus would be there within 20 minutes, and it was there within about 5 minutes.

I was a little worried as some of the reviews i read mentioned that staff werent very helpful or friendly, but on arrival and departure at the hotel the girls on the desk were smiley and cheerful.

I thought the price of the restaurant was a little extravagent (£12.95 for burger, chips and salad!). Also, i was a little put off by the fact that the refrigerator is on a sensor, so if you open it you get charged (and we wanted to put our soft drinks in it), but we learned on check-out that we could have used it and just told them we hadn't taken anything from the fridge and we would have recieved no charge.

All in all, a small room and very basic, but extremely clean, comfortable and just the job for business trips and/or overnight stays before or after your hols.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kins90
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport is a lovely hotel with some great staff, the room provided a comfortable base the night before we flew out to Fuerteventura, the little touches made all the difference and we both slept the whole night long, However be warned… if you use the bar or Restaurant check your bill, they automatically add 10% service charge, which in some cases you don’t mind but when you go to the bar yourself and order a drink you don’t expect it, I was charged over £10.00 for a double Jameson whisky and I was charged 90p for the privilege of ordering it at the bar myself! When I realised what had happened a very nice waitress said this should not have happened and went to the bar manager who issued the service charge back to me, but not before huffing and puffing and loudly stating that it was a 1 off refund and that it was my fault for not noticing at the time, the food was mediocre to say the least, pasta which seriously looked like it had came from a tin, £10.95 for 6 pieces of spinach raviolli in a tomato sauce, £19.95 for a bottle of rose wine which costs £4.99 in Tesco (the barman pointed out it was 3 for £10.00 in Tesco at the moment). With all this put aside, the staff were great, the transfer couldn’t have been quicker, we used day before check in and this wasn’t a problem for the hotel at all. If I was staying at Manchester again I would stay here, but I would walk over to Bewleys for food and drinks, less than half the price for food (just wish I had found that out before I ordered). My car had done about 30 miles while i was away, but they do advise you of this before you go.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Good hotel very handy to the station and the airport. Hotel bus transfers readily available with dedicated phone at the airport and the station. Staff sometimes seemd a bit fed up and I felt as though things were a bother to them. Business centre facilities were good but you had to pay for internet. Breakfast was good and the restaurant was surprisingly excellent on the 3 occasions I dined there at night. Restaurant staff were also excellent and warm and friendly. Chatty enough without being over the top. I stayed 3 nights during the month and the rooms were of varying standards. One was much larger than the other, but the small one had excellent lighting for a change. Tea and coffee in rooms, plus safe in the larger one but couldn't find it in the smaller one. For an airport stopover it was very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Stayed here for the 1 night with my partner before our holiday. Arrived about 7pm and reception was busy, but they checked people in quite quickly. Room was on 2nd floor, we just had a standard but was a nice size. Bed was really comfy and had a great sleep! Bathroom was clean and plenty of towels and amenities. We decided to order room service, was quite expensive but food was really nice & got plenty of it! They ring to check that everything was ok with it aswell, which was nice. Breakfast was good as well, good choice of hot food and a chef is cooking fresh eggs so they are made in front of you as you prefer. Also good choice of fruit and cereals etc. Really please with the CP, really good location for the airport and transfer to airport was efficiant. Would def stay again before a holiday!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Just stayed one night here as we had a late night arriving flight. Called for the courtesty shuttle which was waiting for us by the time we walked to the pick up point.
We had boked a family room with breakfast for 4 but staff had made a hiccup and we were offered 2 adjacent rooms which wasn't a problem.
The rooms are quite small but plush - nice carpets, lovely en suite with marble floor, heated towel rail. Air conditioning which is controlled by you choosing your preferred temperature. Nice beds with 2 large pillows each and a duvet.
Free mineral water, tea and coffee, biscuits.
The room was quiet, I didn't hear a plane even though I could see the planes from my window!
Breakfast was lovely - a buffet style with cereals, pastries, full english items, breads, meats, cheeses, fresh juices and a proper coffee made to order and brought to you.All the food and drink was good quality and hadn't been lying around for ages, you can get your eggs cooked freshly- my kids had boiled eggs cooked to perfection!
Breakfast is served from 4am to 10.30 am.
We requested the shutle back to the train station which was fast. All in all I would recommend this hotel if you have to stay near Manchester airport and I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaxxi
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We booked a deal for a one night stay and car parking for our holiday and we were delighted with the arrangement and service as the pick up service was excellent to and from the airport. The down side was that it cost £11 for two drinks from the bar (not doubles!) and the food was quite ordinary for the cost in the bar restaurant. We would however consider starting our holiday again this way.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends