Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
$140
$131
Agoda.com
3,701 results
All reviewsirish barsampans restaurantpillow spraymanchester airportstayed hereclub rooman early flightcourtesy busdays parkingfree phoneshuttle servicenext morningcar parkingmain restaurantpark and flypre flight staywake up call
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We arrived in the early evening of Friday 22 August and there were cars everywhere, up the grass banking all around the edges and it took some time to find a space.
Check in was OK I had booked a Park, Stay and Go package which includes up to 15 days parking.
The room was on the small side but adequate but there wasn't a safe so when we went out we had to tale all our money, credit cards passports etc with us.
The next morning I handed in our completed paperwork which included our date of return and flight number and estimated arrival time. The transfer the next morning was quite quick but the car park still looked very full.
We landed back on 2 September and rang the hotel as instructed and within 5 -10 minutes we were collected and taken back to reception to collect our keys. When we got to the desk the receptionist couldn't locate them and told us someone would bring the keys from the back office I thought OK after a few minutes I was told the keys were in transit and the driver was stuck in traffic and couldn't give me a time so would we like complimentary coffee, OK we had the coffee by now we had been there 45 minutes and went back to the desk and spoke to another manager who made a call but din't seem interested that we wanted to be on our way and would we possibly want a sandwich! at this stage I wondered how long we were going to be there and if something had happened to my car as it clearly wasn't in the car park or anywhere close. At 1.15pm we were still waiting bearing in mind we got to the hotel at just after 12.00 noon. We ordered a complimentary sandwich nothing difficult cheese and pickle and I requested this without butter. and waited some more and some more and finally after waiting 40 minutes my husband asked any idea when we might acually see this sandwich and it appeared about the same time as the car and the sandwich had butter on both so something else they couldn't get right.The young bar man told my husband someone waited 6 hours to get their car back which made me even more stressed. We finally left the hotel at just after 2.00pm after having been told lies from us arriving, this was our first visit to the Crowne Plaza and guess whati wewill never ever go back. So if any of you out there are booked in or are currently on holiday be aware.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2008

We stayed here overnight as a transit between two flights. We arrived at the airport and walked out to the airport hotel pick up point. You need to call the hotel to get them to pick you up and there is no public phone nearby so my husband went to the valet service and they kindly rang for us. Makes it hard if you are a tourist with no access to mobile/cell phones. The van picked us up and took us to the hotel - had we known how close it was to the terminal we were at we would have walked. It is easily walkable from all terminals bar T2. There was a large queue at check in but it moved quickly. The room was a nice size with all the amenities you would need. There was meant to be complementary water but there was none. We rang and they said they would try and get some but it never arrived. We had a few drinks at the bar and had a look around. I dont know why any one would stay here unless they had just arrived or were leaving the next day. It isnt really near any thing but for an airport hotel it is nice. We had dinner in the Chinese restaurant and it was yum. The service was good and the price was reasonable considering there is not much else around. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and hot even though it was very early. It opens at 4:30am. Check out was easy and the van drops you at the terminals. They recommend you going out 15 minutes prior but I would say half an hour as some people really have no idea how to queue. Overall it was a comfortable hotel - perfect for an overnight visit before a flight.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank charliegirl_b
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My partner & I had an early flight on the 19th so we decided to stay overnight in the Crowne Plaza as it would be a nice start to our holiday & saved us a long early morning drive. (& if I'm honest, it wasn't much more expensive than the airport parking)

We had a good deal with parking included.
If you are offered breakfast for an extra £5.00 per person then take it!! Fantastic breakfast! Even start serving at 4.30am!

The room was ok...not very big but as we only stayed one night, it did the job! Nice big comfortable bed, good T.V channels available. Tea & coffee etc...& all the little toiletries too, so you didn't have to delve into your holiday suitcase!!

We aren't priority club members, we are just normal working class people!! lol!! I wouldn't moan about anything as this is what it is....a hotel in an airport.
Dont quite understand why people would stay here for a holiday though???!!!

We found all the staff friendly. We ate in the Bar, my partner had the thai prawn curry which he was very impressed with (also with the ice cold stella on draught!!) It was a little pricey.

I have to say that we were very impressed when we came back to collect our car a week later...9am ish.....the receptionist was more than happy for us to sit & have a coffee in the restaurant!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank little_liyah
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I stay in hotels 150+ nights of the year, and this hotel shouldn't really have the Crowne Plaza Brand.

As with other Priority Club members entitled to use Express check-in, my family and me were ignored for 20 minutes while others were helped. When I finally got the attention of the receptionist, she was quite rude and told me that the priority check in was closed and to join the queue, so much for loyalty.

The room was OK for 1 night, with an early morning departure, same cheap furniture, but bed was comfortable, room was clean, but missing the details.

We booked the Chinese restuarant for 1830, we eat early as we have a 6 year old son. When we arrived, we were told that they were not set up because of a business meeting that overran, and they did not want to disturb it. We were annoyed about this, and our son was visibly dissapointed the bar staff and restuarant manager noticed this before we complained, and sorted it out. They appeared mighty embarassed about this, and could not be more helpful ( suggestion to hotel - put them on reception). Food was eventually very good.

Hotel is obviously busy due to location and packages offered, if this was in a different location they would be suffering to fill the rooms.

I am flying, from Manchester Airport at least once in the next year, and although a loyalty card member, I think I will be taking my loyalty elsewhere for overnight airport stays in Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank travelt00much
Reviewed July 30, 2008

A nightmere despite accor favourite guest card! We arrived late, didnt get the booked (smoking) room, car park only after fighting and paying, check in took around 45 mins.......................never again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)