“In Again Out Again”

Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
I O M
“In Again Out Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed yet again on our way too and from Gran Canaria.
Check in once again a dream, pleasant welcome, did we need anything, help with bags etc.
Reservations quickly made for dinner/breakfast.
A special thank you mention to Toni in the main restaurant.

Negatives ? not a one, will be back soon.

2 Thank Chris C
Robert W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Chris C,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review and we are delighted that we were able to help you achieve your goals once again. It really means a lot to us when our guests take the time to share their thoughts on their stay.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback and thank you for acknowledging Toni's efforts! We hope you had an amazing time in Gran Canaria and hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
North Yorkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Booked way in advance for a new-year trip from Manchester airport and got a good rate including parking. On arrival it was a challenge to find a space but we succeeded and booked in quickly.
The room was much as our previous stay, being comfortable and clean but very small - however, more than adequate for an overnight stay.
Our evening meal was enjoyable, but in our minds the price seemed to have escalated significantly since our last stay.
The early morning queue to a shuttle was very long - thankfully we had allowed loads of time as it wasn't until the 4th or 5th minibus that we were accommodated.
Upon our return we were warned that there might be a delay in collecting us from the terminal, but there wasn't. The only snag came when we were told our car was in one car-park zone but it wasn't - we eventually found it exactly where we had left it, so clearly it hadn't been moved off-site as they advise might be the case.
All in all it's a good choice for an airport stay and if you get the right deal then it's well worthwhile.

1 Thank Mighty-Red
Dear Mighty-Red,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay. There are a couple of points you have raised that I will ensure are reviewed with our team. Please accept my apologies if we caused any inconvenience with the zone location of your vehicle.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and we hope you had an enjoyable New Year flight! We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.

Florence, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

On arrival there were chain smokers at the entrance( I know.....but this does not look good) No greeting of any kind from the receptionist.... who continued to be impolite, to not understand what we were saying to her and then proceeded to be impatient when we asked for some simple information.... like for example "Please can you tell us how to get to our room!" Once we arrived at our room it was a twin not a double......back to reception..Finally we were offered a double room after being told that "non were available". Trekked again to another room... Freezing cold with what I would call a shabby bathroom. Asked reception to help us with the temperature of the room and we were told .. it will take some time to warm up...which it didn't.... Had to leave for a flight at 5Am or would have gone back home....will I stay here again? No.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank K M
Dear K M,

We are extremely sorry that we appear not to have met your expectations. I do hope that you spoke with our duty manager whilst you were here so we could put this situation right for you. The points you have raised fall very short of the usual high standards you come to expect from Crowne Plaza. I will ensure that I review this feedback thoroughly with my team.

We provide a smoking area just to the right and round the corner from our main entrance which is in a garden setting. It saddens us to hear that you were affected in such a way on your arrival.

Thank you for advising us of your feedback and most importantly we hope you were able to achieve your goals and overall have a successful business trip. We hope that you will reconsider and try our hotel again.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have stayed here on a couple of occasions when flying from Manchester airport. Our last visit was a bit of a disappointment. Firstly I am a Platinum IHG member but was offered a free drink as I was told no upgrades were available, but the Hotel was far from full.

The rooms are tired and in need of an refurbishment. I have stayed at other hotels at the airport for the same price, and their room were much more comfortable.

We ate at the asian restaurant which was mediocre, with a very limited choice, and was very surprised when checking out, that our bill for the restaurant was THREE times what it should have been. Luckily the receptionist was on the ball and queried this herself, and went and checked the actual restaurant bill and quickly corrected it.

There is better value and more comfortable hotels nearby and although it will mean i dont get any IHG points thats where I will be going next time.

Dear yorkshirebhoy,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the points you have raised in this review. I do hope that you raised these points with our team whilst you were here. It really saddens me to read reviews like this and I can assure you that your feedback will be reviewed with my team.

I can see that you stayed some time in December and can assure you that we were indeed very busy throughout the month however we do always try to upgrade our valued Platinum IHG Rewards guests. We are extremely grateful to welcome a high volume of IHG Rewards guests and endeavour to maximise the benefits for all our loyal guests when possible. Please accept my apologies that we were unable to offer an upgrade on this occasion.

I do hope that you will choose us again but thank you for letting us know how you feel. We hope you had a pleasant onward flight and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the 1 night . on our way to Florida..US,
Suitable for our purpose. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Parked the car for 10 days.
Easy pick up on our return from the US.. Nice friendly staff.!

Room Tip: If parking your car at the Plaza an easy transition picking up the car after your travel. No...
Dear delwyn2,

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic rating of our hotel and we are delighted to hear that we provided a seamless journey for you from start to finish.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you had a fabulous time in Florida! We hope that you will choose Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport next time you travel.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

A very busy day for any airport hotel, but was offered a room as soon as I arrived early. Unfortunately there was no TV control & the heating wasn't working. Very quickly a lady from housekeeping arrived & had me moved to another, perhaps better, room, with many apologies about maintenance service being unavailable over holiday days. An ugly building from the exterior, but efficient & knowledegeable reception staff. It seems only one lift point, so the corridor hike to the room might be tiring for some? Bar service at lunch was a little slow, but excellent in the evening when a middle-aged waitress, on her own suggestion, moved me from a draughty seat, offered to bring a magazine when she saw I was alone, & correctly advised on the meal choice, which was ample & well priced. She certainly got a tip! Efficient wake up call & free transfer to airport terminals. Two special touches were that the rooms have a pillow spray & roll ons with essential oils to aid sleep, & that they request no smoking at the entrance doors, but provide a small garden area, tented & with benches, where one can enjoy a fag & watch a little rabbit hopping around! All considered, I will certainly return, the whole experience & value for money exceeding that of their nearest rival.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear tarasandy,

Boxing Day was indeed a very busy day for us and we are delighted that we were able to take such good care of you and overall you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the room issues you highlighted and I am glad our team were able to resolve this for you.

We are also glad you benefited from our Sleep Kit and hope this aided you in achieving a good nights sleep. We are extremely grateful for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Location: the location is very convenient for Manchester Airport. The hotel is easy to find and there is plenty of parking available. I had an earlier bad experience with the park and fly package at the hotel (reviewed last year) but decided to try the hotel again after reassurances from the hotel manager that the parking problem had been addressed.

Check-in: quick, friendly and professional. My fiancee was recognized as an IHG Gold member when we checked in.

Room: we stayed in a club room and it was nicely appointed although fairly small. The room and bathroom were very clean. There was only one bathrobe in the room and a second one was delivered within ten minutes after we notified reception. The bed was too firm for my liking as I prefer soft/medium beds rather than firm beds.

Breakfast: we had the continental breakfast in the Club lounge and there was plenty of breakfast options available: yoghurt, various fruit juices, cold cuts, pastries, porridge, cereals and toast.

Overall: we had a great stay prior to our flight and the there were no problems with the parking this time. A minor detail is that the hotel website states that there are pastries available in the Club lounge in the morning after breakfast and that there are snacks available in the afternoon - there were none when we were there. Soft drinks and coffee was available throughout the day. The evening reception was nice and there was a large selection of alcoholic beverages available, in addition to soft drinks, and there were two different canapes on offer. I will certainly use the park and fly package again if I have a morning flight from Manchester. I would stay in a Club room again if the price is right.

Dear SwedeAbroad,

I am so pleased that we were able to restore your faith in our hotel and thank you so much for sharing this positive review with us.

Thank you for your comments regarding our club lounge. Please accept my apologies and I will follow up why there were no pastries on the date you stayed however we do like to provide a selection of different snacks throughout the day, such as our fabulous chocolate chip cookies which are a regular favourite.

Congratulations on reaching Gold status in our IHG Rewards program and we are thrilled that you chose Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport once again. We hope to see you again soon!

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,830 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!