Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
  • Pool
$216
$198
3,691 results
All reviewsirish barsampans restaurantpillow spraymanchester airportstayed hereclub rooman early flightcourtesy busdays parkingfree phoneshuttle servicenext morningcar parkingmain restaurantpark and flypre flight staywake up call
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here before an early flight, but didn't eat here. We had a family room which was a lovely size, very clean and exactly what we needed. We chose this hotel because they allow a 16 year old to share with parents whereas a lot of the cheaper hotels insist on them having their own room, which works out very expensive.
We used the bar in the evening and were pleasantly surprised at the prices, although wine did seem to be expensive.
The car parking is very expensive at £12.50 per night, but the Terminal 1 long stay is literally next door, so we booked the car parking with Holiday Extra's at £29 for the week and my husband dropped us off with the luggage, went to park the car then walked the 2 minute walk to the hotel.
We got a great night's sleep and the breakfast buffet was lovely, well prepared, lots of everything and friendly, helpful staff.
The transfer was very well organised, a short 5 minute wait and we were on our way to check in.
We'll definitely be using this one again - a nice start to the holiday!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Should you be considering staying with us again in the future, please check out our Park, Stay and Go packages which will include an overnight stay and up to 8 or 15 days car parking.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very clean comfortable hotel. However, if you're dropping off a rental car, you have to take the shuttle over to the airport and then call the hotel for pick up. Suggest dropping off bags at hotel first and then walking from rental car drop off back to hotel. Asian restaurant was very good. Biggest fault were their wifi fees which are extremely high, which I refused to pay. Easy shuttle to airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments, it is always pleasing to receive genuine feedback as this allows us to assess how our guests are feeling. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a park and stay deal which on the face of it seemed good value.When I checked in I was asked to leave my car keys with the hotel(not something stated on the web site).I was advised that my car might be moved but that for £2 /day extra it would not. I stated that I wasn't happy with this as I had no prior warning of this arrangement and the lady on the desk assured me that she would make sure that it would not be moved and even wrote in large letters on the form "please do not move",she also said that it was ok-there was no need to pay the extra. On our return I was informed that my car had been moved to a different space on the same site despite their assurances.I took issue with the manager about this who was most unhelpful and was only capable of the expected corporate reply that I should have paid the extra fee! No apology,hopeless management,and frankly I was lied to! whatever this hotel is up to moving customers cars around I can only guess,but be warned-I have withdrawn my custom permanently from this hotel and I would suggest that you think hard before thinking of leaving your car there. 0/10 for customer service and honesty!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank traveldoc40

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and I am sorry that your request for your vehicle not to be moved was not handled well on this occasion.
We do take every opportunity to confirm our procedures for handling guest vehicles and to let guests know that vehicles are taken off site by our long stay car parking contractors. We have the utmost faith in them to handle our guests vehicles safely and responsibly and our Company website does state that vehicles will be moved offsite.
Once again thank you for sharing your experience and let me assure you that your comments will be followed up with the front office team.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love this hotel and use it all the time when we are going on holiday. However, we also use this hotel for a couple of days break when we are feeling tired and stressed. It is in an excellent location and the food in their "Sampans" Chinese Restaurant is amazing. They serve great beer and wine in the Irish bar and we also like to take advantage of the gym and Saunas. Book a club room at this hotel you will have an even better stay. You receive two hours of free drinks and canopies in the club lounge in the early evening and believe me, we really make the most of that. Overall a really great hotel to stay whether or not you are going on holiday the next day.

Room Tip: Book a club room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your recent stay and indeed that you choose to stay with us on a regular basis is very pleasing. It is our aim to create Great Hotels Guests Love and I can see from your comments that we achieve this.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed night before flight. Check in was busy but very efficiently handled. Room was clean warm and comfortable. Went into the reastaurant for dinner and the food was very good, the waiting staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was brilliant, Chef was happy to cook anything to your liking, it was also very good value for money, would highly recommend eating at this Hotel rather than the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport. I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us.