“Great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #45 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Perfect hotel for a couple of nights. Rooms are a little small but for a short break this is not a problem. We stayed for 1night before our holiday and 2nights after. it is also a perfect base for shopping with trains to central Manchester every 10mins and the shuttle bus will take you there and pick you up. Will definitely be back

Stayed: November 2012
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our great location at the airport as there are such good transport links and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,437)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is OK. Not very good, not very bad. I'm actually on night 3 of 5 right now. The location is good if you plan on staying near the airport but there isn't anything nearby. The rooms - they have nice rooms, small, but nice. There are nice TV's with plenty of channels and, they give you free bottled water (it may be a membership thing). Plenty of power outlets and even little bottles of pillow spray and such.

The staff isn't particularly nice. Not rude by any measure but they don't stand out. I have had a few problems - the first room they put me in reeked of smoke. They switched rooms for me but the second room was a good deal smaller. The food is pretty terrible - especially breakfast. Parking is good.

The internet is really fast but waaaay too expensive. Next time I think I will stay at the Radisson nearby. If you are staying for just one night and the price was right, this place is fine but, being here five nights, all of these things are nagging on me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the extras provided in our bedrooms and that our team reacted so swiftly by assisting you with a room move.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights Friday and Saturday 7 & 8th December to visit the Christmas Market.
Due to the final of X-Factor on the Saturday night there were no rooms to be had at the Crown Plaza in the city centre where we have stayed before. We therefore opted for this hotel and used a taxi into and out of the city on Saturday, £28.00 each way split between 4 of us which was not too expensive. I understand the train is also quite an easy option.
The hotel was very comfortable, our room was lovely, good quality toiletries, tea, coffee and biscuits as you would expect. The staff are extremely friendly and give good service. Especially I must mention the staff in the Asian restaurant where we ate both nights, service with a smile and extremely good food. Bar staff and breakfast staff were also very friendly and efficient. Would we visit this hotel again? You bet we would.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that you particularly enjoyed your dining in Sampans, our Oriental restaurant.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Well I need a hotel room and car storage for 1 night and 1 week car parking, price fair, check in good quick, Room very nice and quite you can still hear the planes though just like sleeping on a main road (in a house obviously LOL), Bar hmm a bit steep and the Beer far to cold but hey thats how todays kids like it right ? The service at the bar was ok and the service to the bar tables was really nice the older lady is a credit to your company a happy face is always nice to see.Food in the main restaurant FANTASTIC, I had Duck and the lady had something else I forget but we both loved it, The service was good nice to see happy staff, I didnt have breakfast a bit steep for me as I'm just not a morning eater so wouldnt of been able to pile my plate ha ha,
I left my car there for 1 week a cracking idea. All ok apart from the car being parked to collect at the rear of the hotel hmm area 7 which was in a mud bath on a dangerous uneven floor which was poorly lit to, I know the floor was uneven though it wasn'tI until I dragged my suitcase out of the into my house and left wheel tracks in the hallway NOT HAPPY, Then I noticed the next day my boot was in a right mess so was the Suitcase. by this time I had already emailed the hotel the online review while on Holiday. Overall FANTASTIC just watch where you collect the car,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post a candid review. I am pleased you had such a good overall stay but to ensure your next stay with us is even better we will address the issues that you experienced which led to your disappointment.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We satyed before flying out on holiday, and had a really relaxing night. We were apprehensive at first, when we walked into the reception, it was full of people that had a delayed flight. We thought that it would be packed everywhere, but it was fine.
No hassle, nothing too much trouble, and all the staff were very curteous.
Definately try the Asian restaurant, very good food. Much better than expected in an Airport hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to learn our team looked after you so well. Our Sampans team are very proud of their restaurant and will be thrilled to receive your feedback.. We look forward to welcoming you back here.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My partner and i stayed here on the 3rd november for 1 night before flying out to lanzarote the following morning. We used the park and stay option and were very pleased with this service.
Having stayed at bewleys last year, i originally booked to stay there again but as they have now stopped offering smoking rooms on arrival (even though they are still advertising them on their website) we decided to change to the crowne plaza, we were both so glad we did as the whole experience was so much better. The rooms are immaculate, the service 2nd to none, everywhere is spotlessly clean. we used the room service for our meal, an extra £3.50 for tray change is very reasonable. The service is very well thought out, from the politeness at the end of the telephone, to the guy who delivered our meal, all very professional.
having read previous reviews before arriving i was very amused to see some people complaining about "AIRCRAFT NOISE" i'm afraid this did make me giggle...... where are u people????? ERRR next to an airport!!!!!!!! some people just moan for the sake of it..... Our room looked over towards the runway and u could see the planes arriving and departing, but not once did they disturb our sleep.
The transfer service is fantastic, we actually used this twice as we used thomas cook's new sundown service ( check in between 4pm and 10pm for morning flights the following day) This is a great idea from thomas cook as it takes all the hassle out of the mad morning rush, all we had to do was casually arrive 1 hour before our flight the next morning and go straight through customs. The drivers who transfer u to the terminal are very friendly, always making conversation. This service is so easy to use, just get on the minibus outside of the hotel... then on your return use the freephone in arrivals, press the number for ur required hotel (all listed next to phone) and they will tell you where to wait.
All in all we will certainly be using this service again and again.
Well done to all at Crowne plaza Manchester Airport.

Room Tip: book direct with the hotel as they are always offering special deals.... for example our double room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TeresaD24
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay, our aim is to provide great hotels guests love and I was especially pleased to read you appreciated the high standard of service on which we pride ourselves.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel could not be more convenient for the airport; just a stones throw away and the shuttle only takes about four minutes to get to T3.

Check-in was OK considering they were quite busy. You get a form to fill in and return with car keys, which is useful if you don't want to hand over keys as soon as you check in.

The room was a good size and the double-glazing effective against the airport traffic noise.

Shuttle service was quick and reliable; there is a phone in the terminal to call the hotel on return.

Will use the hotel again when travelling from MAN.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.