“avery,very ,nice hotel”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 11, 2012

my wife and i stayed at this hotel, prior to our flight to our holiday destination.
this included a very efficient service to and from the hotel,after leaving our car for the duration of the holiday.
the hotel staff,where very welcoming, and helpful in every way.
the room was absolutely fabulous,very clean very comfortable, the nicest bed i have ever slept in.
the food in the asian restaurant, was outstanding,both in quality and service.

Room Tip: any room inthis hotel is fine
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barrywest763
birchak, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed such a wonderful stay. We clearly achieved our goal of 'Great Hotels Guests Love'

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at your hotel from 2 - 4 November. we made separate bookings for the 2 nights stay. we had 2 rooms for the first night and 1 room for three adults for the second night. Rooms are good and comfortable with all the basic amenities. Breakfasts were definitely the highlights of our stay there. We were disappointed that we had to store our bags AGAIN at the reception after checking out before 10am because the room for our second night stay was not availabile yet even though the check in time was at 2pm.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LionCity88

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and particularly the breakfast. I am sorry you were unable to check into your next rooms straight away, our check out time is 12:00 and the previous guests may not have checked out. In future please do advise our Reception team on check in as they will do their best to assist with this issue.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel was pleasant, the room comfortable, if not spacious, and the bar food reasonably priced and of good quality and quantity for an airport hotel. Based on this, I would be happy to stay again.

We left our car whilst away for the week and found, on our return, that it had been moved offsite (24 miles round trip) which we had been warned might happen. Unfortunately, several controls had been changed and one broken so we reported this to the hotel. They advised that we would be contacted about this within 72 hours; as no contact was made in this time, I contacted the hotel again and have, again, waited 72 hours and have, again, heard nothing. Given that I have now had to make a trip to the garage to sort out repairs (it turns out that a sticky drink had been spilled / poured into the heating controls) and the hotel don't seem to care, I would not recommend the car parking; you may wonder if the hotel is really to be recommended...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the experience of your car parking. I would like to address this with you further and I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Travelling on my own, and with an early flight, I decided to stay the Crowne Plaza. Check in was fast and efficient. I had a Club Room which was comfortable. The Club Lounge was fine but not really worth the extra cost. I had a sandwich in the bar which was good. The wakeup call was on time. As I left the room I noticed my bill had been put under the door. I arrived at the checkout, presented the bill, and within 20 seconds had checked out. Quick and painless. I must have waited two minutes for the shuttle bus and the Terminals were within minutes of the hotel. My husband will be flying out of Manchester in a couple of weeks and I have booked him a room. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the TripAdvisor website following your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. It is our aim to create Great Hotels Guests Love and I can see from your comments that we achieved this.
I will ensure to share your comments with the rest of the Hotel team and I look forward to welcoming your husband to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked a Hotel stay and park package for our summer holiday this year. Arrival was fine, park the car somewhere & check in. Reception service was average. Room was very clean, tidy & smart, & beds very good. The meal we had in the bar was over priced as expected but nice food & good service.

When you book in you get handed a form to complete and sign and return with your car keys. At this point you find out about the "Parking Terms & Conditions" which are not mentioned at all when booking through a non Crowne Plaza internet site. They basically amount to park your car at your own risk and we wont accept any liability for anything unless we crash it whilst we are moving it.
I should explain that the parking services are sub-contracted to a company called Holiday Car Care by Crowne Plaza even though the Crowne Plaza logo is on the paperwork & it makes no reference to the service being sub-contracted!! It is however made clear at booking that the car may be moved off-site on a 25 mile round trip.

Anyway, on our return to the overcrowded car park (cars parked on the kerb, on the grass etc) I collected the keys, got told where to find it & as you should, check the car for mileage covered & damage. The car had been scraped on the underneath of the front bumper & dented on the side below the passenger door. It was obvious that this was fresh damage as unlike the rest of the car, there was no mud covering the damaged areas. We reported it to the hotel's Duty Manager who confirmed in writing that he witnessed the damage, and he agreed that he would pass our complaint & his observation of it onto Holiday Car Care which he duly did.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, many emails back and forth, me chasing Holiday Car Care & a copy of their own record of damage to the vehicle, (which did not show this damage), later and I was basically told that as I had noticed the damage it must have been there already. I was accused of trying it on with them and as my car was older it must be dented already anyway.
They then stated that there was no way that they would accept any responsibility for anything - go away.

In conclusion, the Hotel is fine for a stay before or after you fly, their on-site carpark leaves a bit to be desired (poor surfaces, very poor lighting), but it's functional, however don't touch the parking service with a barge pole. I have always tried to find services where your vehicle does not leave the site, I was attracted by a competitive price & have defiantly paid for it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.
We work very closely with our car parking contractors to ensure we deliver a high standard of service together and the vast majority of our guests are happy with this service. I am sorry we were not able to give you the outcome you desired.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Hotel main entrance, reception area and restaurant are decorated in a contemporary fashion. Rooms were pleasant enough with LCD Tv however bathroom was basic at best with mouldy shower curtain and old shower. Food at the restaurant was of a poor standard.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I am sorry you were disappointed with the food on this occasion and will ensure to share your feedback with the team.