$162
  • Room Service
$174
Doubletree
3,905 results
All reviewsirish barsampans restaurantpillow spraymanchester airportstayed hereclub rooman early flightcourtesy busdays parkingfree phonenext morningshuttle servicecar parkmain restaurantpre flight staywake up callan overnight stay
Reviewed July 15, 2012

one night sleep 15 days parking and 2 three course meals for less than 150pounds what more could you want to set your hols off and fantastic service, restraunt serivce very slow if you wer giong to be picky but it gives you time to relax before heading off for an early night to catch your very early fligth what else could you do in airport hotel but take time over a nice meal , all in all exelent

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was impressed with this hotel, until an incident happened and left me with a bad taste in my mouth!
I had booked a five week stay - sunday to friday as I was on a training course at the airport.
Although I was happy in the hotel, when I checked in on week five, I was dismayed and angered that I had not been allocated the room I had requested, and had had for the previous four weeks. I had made the booking almost two months previously.
I complained to the management - and was told that there was nothing they could do, and "perhaps I may like to seek alternative accommodation". I was astounded - and did indeed seek another hotel.
This hotel is a good hotel, the only down side is the slow check in time - more reception staff needed! The rooms are well furnished, and have all the little things that make the difference. The food is excellent, the staff very helpful, cleanliness throughout the hotel second to none, and the courtesy bus is there whenever you want it.
If I had been treated with more respect, and I had felt that management had done everything they could to help resolve the matter, I would have given this hotel the best review. But I was so disappointed in the response to my complaint - to be told I should seek alternative accomodation after spending four weeks there already was atrocious. I would not recommend this hotel now.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear 190666,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I usually avoid Crowne Plaza hotels because the name stands for "This used to be a holiday inn but the standard dropped from there so we changed the name". How surprised I was to find this place was actually OK when it was the only room I could get at Manchester airport on late notice.

Check in was slow... only a queue of about 5 but only 2 people working and they didn't ask anyone to come out of front office to speed things up. This was a bad first impression.

Room was large and well appointed and clean and recently renovated (or so it seemed), so I was again impressed with this.

Gym is good enough and has life fitness equipment and open 24 hours.

I wanted a light dinner in the lobby bar but after 4 weeks of travel nothing on the menu looked appealing, so I asked the waitress if I could have a chef salad with blue cheese dressing. She said she'd see what she could do. Two minutes later, out popped the head chef to ask what I'd like in the salad and would I mind if he tried to make some home-made blue cheese dressing because he didn't have any on hand. 5 minutes later, the chef delivered the best salad with the best dressing I've had in ages. Well done!

At breakfast, again I had a special request for fruit yogurt and it was also quickly accommodated.

This hotel is walking distance to the terminals (but not with luggage - there are not good side walks) and walking distance to rental car return. The hotel also has a convenient shuttle bus to/ from the terminals.

Internet was chargeable (why do hotels do this?).

Overall, a good experience, followed by a swift check-out and off to my flight. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here en-route because of a really early flight. Rate was very good and able to relax knowing Terminal 1 was only a 5 minute walk away. A free shuttle service is available if it's raining or you have heavy bags. Check-in and out was smooth and we had an adequate room with everything we needed, including peace for a good night's sleep.

Food in the bar area is a little expensive but to be expected really. Service was very good and I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Will definitely consider using again if flying out of Manchester Airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deedi2016
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Good place to stay and very handy for terminals 1 & 3. Asian restaurant is quite good but they seemed to turn a few walk ins away, so book first.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business