$151
  • Breakfast included
$105
$95
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$166
The Midland(Manchester)
$211
$178
3,905 results
All reviewsirish barsampans restaurantpillow spraymanchester airportstayed hereclub rooman early flightcourtesy busdays parkingfree phonenext morningshuttle servicecar parkmain restaurantpre flight staywake up callan overnight stay
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We booked a one night stay plus 11nights car park thro the APH web site at the Crowne Plaza Man airport starting 19th Oct 2011. On arrival at the hotel i was asked to sign a form saying that my car could be taken offsite upto a total of 25 miles round trip.after telling the desk manager i did not want my car drven 25 mile offsite i was told ALL cars were taken offsite and i would have to pay an extra £2 a night surcharge.It seemed strange they did not have a space for me but on production of another £26 found one.The APH web site did not make it clear that there would be extra charges until the booking was complete Needless to say i will not be using this hotel again due to its doubtful practice and unhelpful desk staff

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have used the Crowne Plaza at Manchester Airport several times now when I have an early flight departure next day.
It is convenient as the shuttle bus will pick you up at the railway station quickly after using the courtesy phone.
Some rooms seem more modern than others, I guess it is the luck of the draw.
The food is on the pricey side, and average. As it is situated on the airport, unless you came by car, there is nowhere else to go for a meal. There are two restaurants and an irish bar.
The rooms I have had have always been clean and well appointed.
Due to very early departures, I have never had breakfast.
The shuttle is available on request to take you to your departure terminal, all of them a short distance away.
There are other better hotels in the vicinity, but I use this one simply for the price (advanced booking) and convenience,

Room Tip: Club Rooms are larger, but more expensive. You also have access to the Club Lounge for free canapes and drinks.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I had to arrive in Manchester for a very early meeting - so decided to fly in the previous night. Needed something clean, close and easy to book.

The reservation only took 5min on their website and immediately delivered at my email the booking confirmation. My flight landed past 23:00, but checkin was hassle-free, fast. Room was clean, bed was very comfy, TV offered excellent News/Sports channels for free. In-room wifi was very fast and allowed for excellent Skype with the family.

Waking up in the morning, was pleasantly surprised to find under my door envelope with the invoice, charges reflected, wishing fast and safe departure.

Compared to most airport hotels, Crowne Plaza stood out offering good service, smiling staff, quiet sleep and comfortable bed. Thumbs up.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor, and sleep was excellent. Perhaps best to avoid the ground floor, near elevators for foot traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I booked this hotel with my Boyfriend with coop travel, it was an undercover hotels meaning we didnt know what hotel it was, although the travel assistant had a strong feeling it would be the Crowne plaza. For a nights stay and 14 day parking (extra day had to be added when we arrived at the hotel for a very small fee.) we was very pleased with paying £90! I have stopped at other Crowne plaza hotels before, and it didn't disappoint. It is right next door to the airport and the free shuttle bus is the best, make sure you give yourself time however as the driver takes it in turn to go to different terminals. The staff were welcoming at check in and check out. We had a ground floor room which was conveiniant with having large heavy suitcases. The room was very large compared to other rooms ive stayed in with them, and the bed was really comfortable. The restaurant in my opinion is expensive for what it is! It's a long drive to Manchester city centre or anywhere with food so think about eating beforehand. We learnt the hard way and wasted alot of petrol. It has a very nice irish bar but again expect to pay even a little bit more than hotel prices as there is no tesco express around the corner so they do charge a little more. The only negative i have to give is being a light sleeper waking up often to the noise of aeroplanes and people walking around the hotel, maybe it could do with better sound proofing however you could request a room to the back of the building, as we were right near reception and at the front of the hotel. If i was flying from manchester airport i would defiantly stop here again.

Note: Your car does not stay on the hotel site so make sure there is enough petrol in your car as it is something like a 23 mile around trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed on a park and stay package for 14days. Hotel very good , rooms very modern and a great shower. Courtesy bus very goog, got all our suitcases and golf clubs in . Very propmt when you ring them. Picked our cars up ( 3 cars in our party) Checked my mileage 23mls which i found acceptable, next car 3mls which was good, next car 372mls !!!!, what had they been using it for ? a taxi. There was too big a queue at the desk for my freind to wait , as we all wanted to get home, but i checked the mileage it and double checked it and it was correct. I have since emailed Crown Plaza Hotels but havent even got a courtsey reply. I hope to persue thais matter further, but will definatly be using another hotel next time we fly from Manchester. Use at your own risk!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steveigb
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear steviegb,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read that you loved the Hotel and had a great stay. I will ensure the Hotel team are aware of your feedback.
In relation to the mileage please contact me and I will look into this for you, my email address is paul.ellison@ihg.com
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future.

Yours Sincerely