Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
$123
$93
Hotels.com
3,691 results
All reviewsirish barsampans restaurantpillow spraymanchester airportstayed hereclub rooman early flightcourtesy busdays parkingfree phoneshuttle servicenext morningcar parkingmain restaurantpark and flypre flight staywake up call
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I booked this hotel with my Boyfriend with coop travel, it was an undercover hotels meaning we didnt know what hotel it was, although the travel assistant had a strong feeling it would be the Crowne plaza. For a nights stay and 14 day parking (extra day had to be added when we arrived at the hotel for a very small fee.) we was very pleased with paying £90! I have stopped at other Crowne plaza hotels before, and it didn't disappoint. It is right next door to the airport and the free shuttle bus is the best, make sure you give yourself time however as the driver takes it in turn to go to different terminals. The staff were welcoming at check in and check out. We had a ground floor room which was conveiniant with having large heavy suitcases. The room was very large compared to other rooms ive stayed in with them, and the bed was really comfortable. The restaurant in my opinion is expensive for what it is! It's a long drive to Manchester city centre or anywhere with food so think about eating beforehand. We learnt the hard way and wasted alot of petrol. It has a very nice irish bar but again expect to pay even a little bit more than hotel prices as there is no tesco express around the corner so they do charge a little more. The only negative i have to give is being a light sleeper waking up often to the noise of aeroplanes and people walking around the hotel, maybe it could do with better sound proofing however you could request a room to the back of the building, as we were right near reception and at the front of the hotel. If i was flying from manchester airport i would defiantly stop here again.

Note: Your car does not stay on the hotel site so make sure there is enough petrol in your car as it is something like a 23 mile around trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed on a park and stay package for 14days. Hotel very good , rooms very modern and a great shower. Courtesy bus very goog, got all our suitcases and golf clubs in . Very propmt when you ring them. Picked our cars up ( 3 cars in our party) Checked my mileage 23mls which i found acceptable, next car 3mls which was good, next car 372mls !!!!, what had they been using it for ? a taxi. There was too big a queue at the desk for my freind to wait , as we all wanted to get home, but i checked the mileage it and double checked it and it was correct. I have since emailed Crown Plaza Hotels but havent even got a courtsey reply. I hope to persue thais matter further, but will definatly be using another hotel next time we fly from Manchester. Use at your own risk!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steveigb
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear steviegb,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read that you loved the Hotel and had a great stay. I will ensure the Hotel team are aware of your feedback.
In relation to the mileage please contact me and I will look into this for you, my email address is paul.ellison@ihg.com
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on the evening of 3 November before flying out on holiday and i must say this hotel does not have the same customer service as other crowne plaza hotels i have stayed in.

check in was okay, but the room was a little disappointing but we were told when we asked about the room, we had been given an upgrade to a larger room - not sure you could have got a smaller room!!!

We ate in the bar area and after ordering our food and waiting for 10 mins or so, a gentleman sat on the table next to us and was obviously known to the bar staff, it was very strange how his food was ordered cooked and nearly eaten before we received ours!!! The food was very expensive what what it was.

It was a disappointing stay compared to regular stays at the Heathrow and Gatwick Crowne Plazas!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had a very restful night
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank we_love_the_canaries

Dear we_love_the_canaries,
I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay at the Hotel. I will be following up your comments with our Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I usually quite like Crowne Plaza properties, but this one is sub-par: the room was really tiny and the bed uncomfortable. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear strkr,
I was sorry to hear you have not had a good stay at our Hotel.
We often receive great comments about the comfort of our beds especially following the implementation of our superb sleepadvantage programme.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here on 21 October the night before a flight to Turkey. Room was very nice but the rest of the hotel was pretty souless. The 2 main restaurants looked a bit like school dining rooms and we therefore chose to eat in the Irish Bar. The food was quite simply dreadful and we didnt eat as much as half of it. Waiter offered a free dessert as compensation but what makes people think that the offer of replacement food is going to be acceptable following poor food. Wife had lasagne which was so overcooked you could have used it as a hammer and I cant even now remember what I had. Noted in my comments on the satisfaction card but never received a response. Wish I had stuck with the nearby Hilton.

Room Tip: Only stayed once and the room was very nice although the adjoining door to the next room was open when we arrived!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear kensemple,
I was sorry to read of your experience about the food in Callaghans Irish Bar. I will be following this up with the relevant members of the team.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed the room and I do hope you will return to the Hotel in the near future.