“Just OK”

Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Chicago, Illinois
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The room was not serviced properly. Upon arrival I had to call for housekeeping to bring clean cups to replace the dirty ones still in the room and hand towels that were missing from the bathroom. The guaranteed wake up call did not get delivered and when I inquired at the front desk, they stated the system shows a call was made (so the guest has no room to argue or dispute). The ice maker on my floor was out of service and when I advised staff of this it was clearly not a concern. If there is a 'next time' there are other choices in the area that may be better!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear JRB_Travels,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was sorry to hear you had problems with your wake up call and items in the room whilst staying at the Hotel. I will follow this up with the relevant departments.
I do hope you will return to us again in the future, we have many guests praising our Hotel as you will see in the many other reviews and I am sure the issues you experienced would not happen again.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Rochdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of a car park/ one night stay package. We paid £89 for a nights stay and our car parked for 2 weeks while we went on holiday to Mexico.
The check - in staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and just what we needed for a nights stay.
The transfer to the terminal was speedy and the pick up on our return was great.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would choose to do this again when we next travel from Manchester Airport.

2 Thank LoubylouRochdale
Dear LoubyLouR,
Thank you for posting your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read you had a great stay with us especially your feedback regarding the arrival at the Hotel.

west yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed one night at Crowne Plaza , booked a coulple of weeks prioe to stay and got a great deal , room, breakfats & evening meal (choice from evening menu) and 15 days parking.
Room very comfortable , clean and mini toiletries, enough for the one night stay.
Evening meal greatand a goos choice from the main menu
Breakfast was fab, just what was needed prior to our flight.
Only a few mins to wait for transfer to terminal and again on our return , rang the number given from the freephone in the terminal and by the time we got to the shuttle bus stand, less than 5 mins walk , the bus was just pulling in, very efficient all round.
Definately would choose this option again prior to a holiday , previously stayed at hotels on the outskirts of the Airport and this was by far more comfortable and efficient.

Room Tip: Book in advance direct from their own web site and not through your travel agent or'' holida...
1 Thank sand072
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Dear Sand072,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor Website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read of your positive comments regarding many aspects of your stay with us and have made sure the team at the Hotel are aware of your comments.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed here as we were going to see Peter Kay at the MEN and stopping in the centre of Manchester was going to be very pricey. I have stopped at this hotel on business previously, however it seems to have gone downhill since then.

Check in was busy and they could have done with an extra person on the desk, however once seen the lady was polite and efficient. We politely declined the £40 upgrade which seems expensive for some canapés that we wouldn’t be around to eat, plus it would have cost us another 50% of the room cost which to me is not worth it.

Our room was clean although the carpet could have done with a good vacuum around the edges of the bed as there was a lot of fluff and hairs there. However, the bathroom door (which really needed a repaint) did not close properly and toilet did not flush very well. I also had to go and ask for another toilet roll and they had not been replaced. We should have complained about the issues with the bathroom as well as the socket that did not work but as we had already unpacked and time was against us we decided not to bother.

Breakfast was ok, although they could do with making sure that all the hot food is topped up a little more regularly.

Overall an ok hotel for one nights stop but having stayed in other Crowne Plazas around the world this is nowhere near the standard of those. If stopping in this area again I would probably use somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Opsmgr1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear KathrynEJ,
Thank you for taking the time to put your comments on the Tripadvisor Website.
I was sorry to hear that you had experienced problems during this visit to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
In relation to the £40 upgrade to a Club Room, this includes a Club Executive room which is the highest standard of bedroom in the hotel with 24 hr access to our Club Executive Lounge which includes complimentary alcohol drinks and canapes between 6pm and 8pm and a continental breakfast. Other facilities are included also.
Please be assured all feeedback is reviewed and actioned to provide a better experience for our guests.
I do hope you will return to the hotel in the near future as I can see from your review you have had good experiences previously.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We booked a stay and park deal,with D,B&B and 15 days parking.It was a club room,which gives access to the club lounge which has complimentary drinks from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm and free access to wifi,when considering the ludicrous prices they charge for internet was a bonus.
Why in this day and age hotels in this country feel they can charge anything for internet is beyond me.Whilst in the States on this holiday we had free wifi virtually everywhere we went(even in some public parks).
Anyway back to the hotel,the room was a little smaller than most,but very clean and well appointed.The restaurant and bar area were very busy and loud.The food was very good(we were told we had £18 each to choose off the a la carte if we didnt want anything off the D,B&B set menu).We didn't have to pay for drinks so cannot comment on bar prices.
I had to pay £12.50 for my first nights parking ,which i thought was over the top.The shuttle picked us outside and took us to the terminal and on return a quick call to the frontdesk and the shuttle was there within 5 minutes,which was good as it was cold.On return the hotel my car was in the exact spot id left it,but had 23 miles on the trip meter.I thought this was a bit much,surely they could have somewhere within 10 miles of the hotel for parking.As i only get around 12 mpg out of the car,this added another £13.50 to the cost.I shall be questioning ICH about this.
On the whole a good experience,it just depends on your budget/priorities.

Dear The_Soulman,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the Tripadvisor website following your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I was delighted to read of your comments especially regarding our Club Lounge and Dining options.
In relation to the Car parking we do use a secure car park situated approximately 12 miles from the hotel. This is a safe and secure area and works very well for our customers. Please accept my sincere apologies for any additional cost incurred to you.
Once again thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future.

Gloucester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night with 15days parking with BB package.

On arrival staff were very friendly, rooms were clean, beds comfortable & more than sufficient before flying out from airport. Breakfast had good selection on buffet, only complaint was coffee was awful. Other HI & CP I've stayed at have coffee machines not here. Asked for decaf coffee which was undrinkable. Didn't have to wait long for shuttle short trip to airport & was waiting upon our return.

Unfortunately we returned to find our car had been damaged the inside mirror had been pulled off windscreen. Carpark firm claim it was loose - totally untrue. Manager at hotel informed us it was nothing to do with the hotel this was dealt with by an outside firm, even though this was booked as a package. He arranged for the carpark firm to telephone us at home. We then had to drive home 2 1/2 hour drive on motorway with no inside mirror. After an overnight flight with no sleep. Not ideal.

Although the firm telephoned us, claimed they treat all vehicles like this, to date (2 weeks later) we still have not received anything in writing from them as promised. I can only conclude from this that they are a cowboy firm.

This really ruined our booking with this hotel and would strongly recommend that CP consider cancelling this firms contract.

I would highly recommend staying at this hotel but don't leave your car here. This has unfortunately put us off using this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Babs02,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor Website following your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
I am delighted that you were happy with the stay at the Hotel. It is always great to hear of positive experiences so we know what we are doing well at.
I was disappointed to hear of your car parking experience. We do work with a Car parking company and have done for many years which has proven very successful. I have contacted the General Manager from Holiday Car Care and asked for him to contact you regarding the issue.
Thank you once again for taking the time to give your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport in the near future.

Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have stayed at this CP 4 or 5 times over the last 4 years. The experiences have been mixed, but generally positive. For this stay I used my hard earned Priority Points (I'm a leisure traveller only, no business stays) On arrival the pleasant receptionist offered me a 40 pound "upgrade" to an executive room. I declined as it was just one night and I didn't feel I needed to pay that amount of money for relatively insignificant perks. Anyway, maybe that annoyed her because the room I was given was horrible - its was a "family room" with a double bed and a single bed crammed into a small and shabby standard room. Totally unnecessary as I was on my own. The room was also intensely grubby - smears and dust on the glass topped furniture, crumbs and other bits all over the carpet. Yuck - if there is one thing I care about in an hotel its cleanliness. The final straw was that there were workmen hammering on the wall and climbing ladders outside the (dirty) window. After thinking about it for a few minutes I called reception and told them I wasn't happy. The response was short and really rude. However they did relent and the Concierge was sent up with a new room card and helped me move my bags. He was very helpful and the new room was better, but it was annoying and after that experience I think I might pass on this particular hotel in future. Manchester is a city that has excellent transport links to the airport and I would rather stay in a decent hotel in the city centre than subject myself to the uncertainties of the airport hotels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Africanda,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the Tripadvisor website following your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay at our Hotel.
Please be assured that all feedback is reviewed and acted upon to ensure we constantly improve. We often receive many compliments about Cleanliness as you will see from other reviews on the site but we will look at the issues you encountered and act upon them,
I can see that you are a regular visitor to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport and I do hope this will not put you off from continuing to stay with us.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,836 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!