“Centrally located, great price”
Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #72 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stay fairly frequently at the Gardens Hotel due to the great prices that they offer mid week. I always book a single room and on every occasion I have been upgraded to a spacious twin. Their rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are more than adequate. Breakfast offers more than enough to set you up for the day. I will happily continue to use this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Good Morning and thanks for the review and 5 stars as well. It is always nice to have returning guests as we know we are doing something right. If we can do we will always try to upgrade our guests to a better room. Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed August 20, 2014

For the price this was a very good choice. Suited for a short stay in manchester and the location is about as central as you could get - very close to Piccadilly station.

Service was friendly and efficient and the main areas were fine and clean.

Bedrooms a bit dated and the corridors smelt a little fusty bug otherwise a good choice as a base to explorer manchester.

Security was good. I did not eat there. They have a small cosy bad and ample cavities for internet ( free wifi) and printing.

Would return again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Hello and thanks for the review, we have to agree that our location is good. It is nice to be recognised for the friendly service as the staff do work hard. You have mentioned the décor and we are aware of this and are working through an improvement programme although this does take time.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in August for 2 nights over the weekend with my young son in a twin internal room. Location is excellent, room was very clean and wasn't expecting a window as it was an internal room but there was one. No ceiling light in room, just lamps. Bed was really comfortable, hotel was quiet at night and breakfast was lovely. Staff were friendly. Decor is very dated, plugs look like they were fitted in 1950 but if your looking a good budget hotel I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mark F

Good Morning and thanks for the review following your recent visit. Although you booked an internal room but had a window means that you were upgraded free of charge, if we are quiet we tend to do this for our guests. You have mentioned that the décor is a bit dated, we are working through a programme of redevelopment, but I can assure you the plugs are not from the 1950's!!!!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I recently booked a single room online, but when I arrived I was given a twin room instead, which was nice. Room looked very dark and dingy, and was in need of some refurbishment, including the old furniture. Dining room staff seemed to disappear during breakfast and had to wait some time for service, which happened to be while I was eating my cereal. The two toasters near the cereals didn't work either, and there was only one large milk jug for everyone, very poor service indeed

Room Tip: Please ensure you place the chain across the door whilst in your room, in case the housekeeping assi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Darren J

Good Morning
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects. I have passed your comments on to the food and beverage manager concerning breakfast and this will be looked into and addressed. I know that the 2 small toasters are only turned on at very busy times and so perhaps were not turned on at the mains.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hotel was a great hotel to stay in, the rooms were a good standard, clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff were polite and helpful. The location of the hotel is perfect for the tourist to go and explore around the area, as the local buses & trams are nearby. Not far from Piccadilly station either which is extremely handy.
I would only have one small comment to say, which is I was disappointed that on the breakfasts their didn't seem to be anything like a hash brown with it apart from that the breakfast were very nice.
People looking to stay at this hotel, ignore any negative comments from previous visitors, and take on board all the positive reviews. I enjoyed my stay at the gardens and I can assure you all that I shall stay there again when I visit manchester in the future. A huge Thank you to all the staff for making my stay at the hotel enjoyable :-) take care and hopefully see you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Wow fire stars, many thanks for taking the time to post a review, you are quite right lots of people only dwell on bad comments so I am pleased that you decided to come and stay and were happy with what the hotel had to offer. I'll let you in to a secret, if you stay again ask for Hash Browns, we do serve them but on the vegetarian breakfasts!!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Good standard rooms, clean with nice bed linen & towels. Breakfast was good. Friendly staff. Easy booking & transaction service. Less than 5 mins walk from Piccadilly train station. Good location to access shops. Have used a few times now & would again

Room Tip: Had an internal room ie no windows was rather warm no air con but did provide fans in room. Also clo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Good Morning and thanks for your review, it is always nice to hear from guests who have stayed more than once, it means that we are doing something right. I will pass on your comments to the staff as it always nice to be appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our 2nd time here and we loved it again. We had 2 single rooms which were small , my daughters room on 4th floor was much better than mine . For just over £30 a room each it was grand and in a perfect location for shopping, restaurants etc. Free internet works well .

Room Tip: My room no 123 wasn't great but my daughters room 418 was much brighter and had a good size tv.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Hello thanks for taking the time to post your review, it is always nice to get feedback from returning customers. All our rooms are different shapes and sizes and 123 does happen to be one of the smallest. If you do return again and are not happy with the room feel free to come back to reception and mention it and we will do our best to move you.
Hope to see you again soon.