“Great for a Saturday night in Manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #68 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Great for a Saturday night in Manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Booked a last minute bargain, Ideally located just down the road from Picadilly station. Room was reasonably priced, hotel was clean staff were friendly, rooms were good and bed was comfy. Ideally placed for a Wetherspoons breakfast. Was some noise but only to be expected from a city centre hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello and thanks for the review, glad that you managed to grab a bargain and found our location good, your remarks on the cleanliness of the room and the nice staff will be circulated amongst the team as it is always nice to know we are doing something right. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Second time staying here. Double room, spacious and clean, excellent bathroom. Good sleep even though it fronts the square. Breakfast was great. All staff friendly and attentive. Puzzled by the bad reviews I've seen on here - double room for £45 with breakfast? I don't think I could find better anywhere. If the place wasn't clean I'd not give four stars but it was all good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Katy A, Front Office Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Good Morning, Thank you for such a positive review. its always good to read especially at 7am in the morning. I agree our rates are very competitive and for a city centre hotel with our location, who could ask for more!
look forward to seeing you very soon in the near future !
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My daughter & i stayed in room 104, on Monday 30/6, we had tickets to see Robbie Williams. On arrival. we were met by receptionist, whom quickly checked us in. Our room was large & clean, lovely large bathroom, with walk in shower. Only a small complaint & H & S IN Mind, only short flex on kettle, tea tray had to be put on floor to save unplugging lights & very mean with coffee & milk on tray, although reception was fine with me asking for more

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Katy A, Front Office Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a constructive review, I have spoken with our maintenance team to ascertain whether its possible to move or add extra plug sockets into the room. To keep rates down we do have a portion control policy in place , however extra tea.coffee milk & sugar portions are available from reception upon request.
Itasca, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived at the hotel @10 in the morning, and they had a room ready. As we had just flown in from the states, this was huge for us. We were able to shower and change which made seeing the sights a much nicer experience. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk from the rail station and was very easy to find. Breakfast was very good as well. Yes, the rooms are pretty small and basic, but the low rate was reflective of this. Additionally, I would prefer having a room at all vs. someplace much fancier where we would have had to wait. For this, I give bonus points. Very friendly staff as well. Cheers!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy A, Front Office Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review of your recent stay, Our location is one of our best selling points , we do welcome feedback from all our guests and pass on all comments to our team.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Slightly to the right of Weatherspoons is a small, not particularly inviting entrance to the hotel.

The reception was ok, and the employee on reception friendly, it smelt a bit strange and had multiple fans around the area - I thought fair enough, trying to get rid of the smell.

When I received my key I was on the 4th floor. I took the stairs and unfortunately the floors didn't have the same luxury of multiple fans extracting the smell. That extra was only reserved for the employees on reception.

I then entered my room via a sticky door handle (it felt like a thick layer of germs) to be confronted by what smelt like stale smoke fighting a war with a dry foisty nose tingling aroma. The window was already left open, I assume in the hope the smell would leave before anyone entered. One check outside and the were several cigarette ends on the ledge.

The bed sheets looked dirty, I agree with the fabreeze comment of another reviewer, handles missing on the cupboards, generally an uninviting, unclean bedroom.

I then checked the bathroom but couldn't see and light switch or light in there so I kind of assumed it didnt have a light, at least your not seeing all the mold. I then spotted a panel light on the wall above the mirror, one flip of the switch and the bathroom transformed into a giant sunbed.

All the time I was in there I felt like it was doing me more harm than good, so after 30-45 minutes I left.

If you smoke, dont mind dirt and want somewhere cheapish to get your head down in the centre of Manchester you will be fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank G H
Katy A, Front Office Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, all comments are taken seriously and acted upon wherever necessary, as you did not inform a member of the team of your findings we are unable to ascertain which room or guest you were, so were unable to assist you. however I can assure you that each room is cleaned and checked by our housekeeper before we allow a guest to check in, the laundry is not done on site but is sent to a third party, I have passed your comments onto them. the hotel is due to undergo major refurbishment and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

When I go to Manchester, I always stay in Gardens Hotel. The room, the carpet, the sofa and the bathroom are clean. The staff are really nice and the breakfast is basic but it´s enough. I will go to Gardens Hotel until I see something different.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yurena C
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Good Morning and thanks for such a lovely review after your recent stay at the hotel. Hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Horrendous !

Once bitten twice shy , literally !!

Dirty walls !

Dirty carpet !

Never again !

At least the shower worked. The breakfast was basic, but okay . The waiting staff were polite
and accommodating.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew G
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good Morning, thank you for posting your comments, it is always a disappointment to receive negative feedback. having checked our reception records we have no log of guests being unhappy and without a room number it is hard to pinpoint and look at the points raised. Please accept my apologies.