“What else for 45 GBP...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #68 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Belgium
“What else for 45 GBP...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

You want a cheap.... no really cheap hotel with a great location.. this is the place!

How can you beat that price for 2 including breakfast!!!!!

Of course the room was an internal (no windows) and quite small but fot hose lookign for only a place to sleep, go for it.

Note that it's only 10min away from the station and right in the city center.. so many restaurants and shops around. On top of that, the metro stop is a couple minutes away.

Note that I went there with a friend so we didn't really care about how the room or the hotel looked like... however, I would not probably go there wth my girlfriend or I would pick a better room.

I would definitly go back there in case I go see a soccer games with friends next time.

Room Tip: Book directly on the hotel website!! THe best price
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Many Thanks for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, I am pleased that you found it good value. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I booked this hotel for myself and my daughter at short notice, and got a double executive room with breakfast for £135. I was expecting a little more for the money and the 'executive' bit, but was disappointed. We have stayed in a wide range of hotels across the country, so I have some experience of budget to executive - hence our disappointment at the lack of little touches to qualify as executive. Our room was reached up some self contained stairs, and was a decent size, with a modernised bathroom (no bath). It was an attic room, with two dormer windows that thankfully opened - as the room was stiflingly hot. The tv was quite small, and at a funny angle on the wall. No bathrobes or slippers, little nicities in the bathroom or indeed biscuits with the tea and coffee making facilities. The bed was comfortable with modern clean feeling sheets, and the breakfast nice. We were mid breakfast time when we went down, and the danish pastries were gone - tho fresh ones were brought out when requested. We found the staff helpful and eager to please - and yes the one little wall carpeted lift is noisy and slow. Overall we were happy with this hotel, and if you get it for a reasonable price, then chose this centrally located trying its best hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, I am sorry that you were disappointed with the room for the price paid, your comments have been taken on board and we will look at reviewing the extra's provided within the room. It is nice to receive positive comments on the staff, this is much appreciated. Hopefully we will see you again in the future. We do regularly review rates and if the city centre is quiet then prices will drop from the full rates so sometimes this room can be available for £75.00.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel both myself and my son booked seperate rooms, because I had stayed before I specifically asked not to have a room beside the lifts but I ended up there again. I was awake from 5am due to the constant noise. I had booked the rooms well in advance and I don't know why I couldnt get my request. Also, there was no hot water for a shower and I was told it runs out when the hotel is busy!!!

Room Tip: Ask not to be near a lift, however it may be ignored!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, without knowing the details on your specific booking I cannot check to see why your request to be placed away from the lift was not granted. We do try to accommodate guests requests where possible but cannot always guarantee this. We have been experiencing some problems with our water recently and have maintenance working on this to try and sort it out quickly, so I apologise for your problems.

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Decided last minute to take in a show at the Arena. searching online so few places included breakfast as part of the rate so chanced my arm. Was impressed comfortable bed wifi was a decent speed and the breakfast was nice. Would definitely stay again, the staff we saw were friendly all positive bar perhaps as others have mentioned it could do with a little spruce up. But for the price I paid I am more than satisfied

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Many Thanks for the review following your recent stay at the hotel. It is always nice to receive good feedback and to know that our guests will return in the future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stay in an affordable, clean internal room even if dated and with a few frustrations, such as lack of plug sockets, loads of light switches and wifi dropping out. Despite the first impressions (not great welcome and no cook on site for lunch) the staff were generally helpful. I wouldn't stay if the intention was to spend a considerable amount of time in the hotel. Location for central Manchester is excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel. It is unusual for someone to mention that the welcome was not great as we normally get good feedback on this, and also lack of chef for lunch. We have had a lot of sickness issues this weekend and struggled to cover with bare minimum of staff on a very busy weekend so must apologise for this. We are aware that the rooms need to be updated in terms of plug sockets, but this is a lengthy process so hopefully people will bear with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Evesham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed recently in early March, rooms are too hot with no apparent way of reducing the heat, though a fan was provided. Pay th extra and get a room with windows, as the internal rooms I felt very clostophobic.

Room Tip: Internal rooms felt very clostophobic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I am sorry that you found the room very warm, there are temperature adjusters on all radiators for guests to regulate this themselves.
Rotherham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel just for 1 night to join friends on a night out in Manchester City centre. Other hotels, of same quality, were looking for £90. We paid £45, for a double internal room, which included a really nice full English breakfast. I have no complaints, check in was quick, the room was ok and clean, bed was comfy and clean towels and bedding. With it being an internal room, no windows, it was very hot though, even with the fan on. But, for what we wanted, and what we paid, this was excellent choice and I would definitely stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thanks for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel. We do try to ensure our rates are competitive. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.