“Noisy lifts!”

Ranked #69 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Dublin, Ireland
“Noisy lifts!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel both myself and my son booked seperate rooms, because I had stayed before I specifically asked not to have a room beside the lifts but I ended up there again. I was awake from 5am due to the constant noise. I had booked the rooms well in advance and I don't know why I couldnt get my request. Also, there was no hot water for a shower and I was told it runs out when the hotel is busy!!!

Room Tip: Ask not to be near a lift, however it may be ignored!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, without knowing the details on your specific booking I cannot check to see why your request to be placed away from the lift was not granted. We do try to accommodate guests requests where possible but cannot always guarantee this. We have been experiencing some problems with our water recently and have maintenance working on this to try and sort it out quickly, so I apologise for your problems.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Decided last minute to take in a show at the Arena. searching online so few places included breakfast as part of the rate so chanced my arm. Was impressed comfortable bed wifi was a decent speed and the breakfast was nice. Would definitely stay again, the staff we saw were friendly all positive bar perhaps as others have mentioned it could do with a little spruce up. But for the price I paid I am more than satisfied

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Many Thanks for the review following your recent stay at the hotel. It is always nice to receive good feedback and to know that our guests will return in the future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stay in an affordable, clean internal room even if dated and with a few frustrations, such as lack of plug sockets, loads of light switches and wifi dropping out. Despite the first impressions (not great welcome and no cook on site for lunch) the staff were generally helpful. I wouldn't stay if the intention was to spend a considerable amount of time in the hotel. Location for central Manchester is excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel. It is unusual for someone to mention that the welcome was not great as we normally get good feedback on this, and also lack of chef for lunch. We have had a lot of sickness issues this weekend and struggled to cover with bare minimum of staff on a very busy weekend so must apologise for this. We are aware that the rooms need to be updated in terms of plug sockets, but this is a lengthy process so hopefully people will bear with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed recently in early March, rooms are too hot with no apparent way of reducing the heat, though a fan was provided. Pay th extra and get a room with windows, as the internal rooms I felt very clostophobic.

Room Tip: Internal rooms felt very clostophobic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I am sorry that you found the room very warm, there are temperature adjusters on all radiators for guests to regulate this themselves.
Rotherham
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel just for 1 night to join friends on a night out in Manchester City centre. Other hotels, of same quality, were looking for £90. We paid £45, for a double internal room, which included a really nice full English breakfast. I have no complaints, check in was quick, the room was ok and clean, bed was comfy and clean towels and bedding. With it being an internal room, no windows, it was very hot though, even with the fan on. But, for what we wanted, and what we paid, this was excellent choice and I would definitely stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thanks for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel. We do try to ensure our rates are competitive. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The room was tidy, though the decor is a little dated. It was a twin room and one of the beds was very lumpy as was the pillow so not the best nights sleep. The room was also incredibly hot even though the radiator didn't seem to be on. Once I'd adjusted to the temperature of the room, it was fine though. The other bed and pillow were more comfortable so the second night's sleep was much better but not necessarily good, could've just been me.
The room is lit by only a few lamps that don't give off a lot of light and I prefer to be able to see what I'm doing without having to be right next to the lamp.
The wifi wasn't working in my room on the first night, but after reporting it to reception a couple of times (once the first night, then again the next morning) it was working well after that.
The breakfast was good and the service was excellent, though I was a bit confused as it stated that breakfast was included, yet on the check in sheet I was given on arrival, it said breakfast was from £7.95. I didn't pay any extra for it so I'm not sure why that info is on the check in sheet.
The price for the room was good and the location is excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. We are in the process of upgrading rooms which includes new beds and an improvement to the lighting levels. I am sorry you had intermittent problems with the wifi during your stay. Concerning the breakfast, it is included in the rates if you book via our own website, for other guests an additional charge which is why the information is on the slip handed out on arrival.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I wanted a cheap hotel at short notice for a single night & was looking for an alternative to Sachas & The Britannia both of which I have regretted staying at before. For just £36 I had an internal room with ensuite bathroom, TV, kettle & hairdryer and full english breakfast included (not taken as I was out the door at 0600). There was nothing to suggest the bed linen and towels were anything other then newly laundered; the room was showing signs of wear and tear but was quite presentable and the bed was comfortable with a dip free mattress. Everything worked including the free WiFi. The only negatives were a) the room was stifilingly hot (cured by opening & closing the door to waft fresh air in) b) I was woken up by drunken guests arriving back at 0400 (hardly the hotel's fault). Recommended if you just need a bed for the night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry you were disturbed by other guests returning in the early hours of the morning. If you do stay again please ensure you book via our website to ensure the best rates guaranteed.