Gardens Hotel
$140
$131
Agoda.com
1,248 results
All reviewspiccadilly gardenssingle roomcity centrefour poster bedfull englishexcellent locationincluding breakfasta bit tiredbudget hotelclose to piccadilly stationnorthern quartertea and coffeeshort staybreakfast was excellentyogurtstayed for one nightwetherspoons
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the competitive price as I was booking the day before I wanted to come into manchester (£30 for one of the "in-rooms"). Having an "in-room" means there is no window in that room, which I was not aware of when booking. Having paid so little I wasn't expecting all the mod cons and designer furniture, but this room doesn't even have the basics, even in so little light I can see dust everywhere, there are spores of mould and dust that has settled for a long time on a fan next to my desk, there was pubic hair in the bath which I had to wash out before using, the bath has an unpleasant odour and the floors are sticky and grimy. Food from room service is awful, I ordered a tuna melt which was cold and chips but it's as if they try to make it taste terrible. Overall an unpleasant experience that the charming reception and breakfast hall does not make up for.

If you are going to book than I recommend checking your prices a few times before booking. I was told that to book the room an extra day was £85 online, £60 on the phone and £40 when I eventually arrived. Needless to say I'll be cancelling that and finding somewhere a bit more bearable to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent stay at the Gardens Hotel, I am sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects. Your review does not mention how your booking was made and that you were unaware of the fact that you had an internal room without a window, this information is clearly stated on our website under the room description. All our rooms are checked by housekeeping but it seems on this occasion things were overlooked within the room for which I apologise.
With reference to the food, there is no record of any food being sent back to the kitchen, we do have checks in place to monitor and record the temperature of food as part of our health and safety hygiene regulations, therefore I can only assume that there was a delay in the preparation and delivery of the order to you, for which I am sorry.
We do have set rates for rooms which are adjusted down from the full rate dependent on business levels within the hotel to maximise our occupancy and this can at times be confusing. On our website we do offer a "Best rate guarantee" this means that if the room rate is lowered after you have made a booking, if you notice this and let us know, we will apply the discounted rate to you.
It is always disappointing to receive feedback which is negative but without this we would be unable to make improvements.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Location - Brilliant.
Parking at 30 Tarrif St multi-storey - £8.50 for 24 hours
Hotel reception very pleasant & friendly.
Room 305 was very tired with dirty grout in bathroom - needs renovating.
Please we got this on a special Sunday night deal, cause if we had to pay full tarriff it would have been overpriced.
The bed was comfortable & linen was clean, but the nights sleep was disturbed very early by the noise from some sort of fan - not sure, but maybe from the generator room.
The constant humming was very annoyng so we both got up very tired.
This was on internal room so maybe the street facing rooms are quiter?
We did not try breakfast as Wetherspoon is next door and they do a great breakfast at excellent value.
Dissapointed......so probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms at the front are quieter and void of fan noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the hotel, I am sorry that certain factors contributed to a less than enjoyable visit. We do have an on going redecoration programme at the hotel to improve our bedrooms and bathrooms which does take time so I apologise if you feel dissatisfied with your room, I will ask our maintenance team to address the issues raised and also to look into the noise from a fan that you encountered.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed here for a theatre weekend . The room was clean and neat there were 2 things that let the room down hence 4 stars not 5 (room 125) peeling paper above the door and an extractor fan in the bathroom that goes but doesnt clear the steam after a shower so is inefficient . Im being picky though!!! The breakfast was lovely and the staff were brilliant at giving dirrections - the hotel is perfectly placed for the mainline station and metro tram i really would stay again if i came to manchester

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Many Thanks for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, and also for noting the room number, I can now ask maintenance to address the issues of the peeling paper and extractor fan in the bathroom. I will pass on your comments both to the chef and also reception team for your favourable feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I used the gardens for an overnight stay during the week for a works night out in Manchester. The hotel lobby was clean and spacious and the room was modern with all amenities you would expect. For 27 pounds including breakfast on a Thursday approaching Xmas, the hotel is the best value in the whole of Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2013
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you so much for giving us a five star review following your recent stay at the hotel, your favourable remarks will be passed on to all departments.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed for three nights in November primarily to visit the Christmas markets with a friend.
We booked single rooms, and they were very large, each with a comfy double bed, large bathroom with over bath shower, Gilchrist & Soames shower gel and shampoo included. Towels were changed every day when the room was serviced. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you. If you check in early or out a while before you head off home, they will happily look after your luggage (and any extra's you've picked up) behind reception, free of charge! I stayed in room 420 and had a great night's sleep, until the Friday night, when a little noise from a club or pub kept me awake for a while.....but then again a tap dripping can wake me up!! All in all, great value and I will be staying again in December with my husband!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for posting such positive remarks following your recent visit. We only have a few single rooms so often try and offer a free upgrade. We have only recently introduced Gilchrist and Soames toiletries to the rooms and are pleased with the luxurious quality.
I will pass on your comments to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in December, you never know you may get another upgrade.