“Very Average”

“Very Average”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Location - Brilliant.
Parking at 30 Tarrif St multi-storey - £8.50 for 24 hours
Hotel reception very pleasant & friendly.
Room 305 was very tired with dirty grout in bathroom - needs renovating.
Please we got this on a special Sunday night deal, cause if we had to pay full tarriff it would have been overpriced.
The bed was comfortable & linen was clean, but the nights sleep was disturbed very early by the noise from some sort of fan - not sure, but maybe from the generator room.
The constant humming was very annoyng so we both got up very tired.
This was on internal room so maybe the street facing rooms are quiter?
We did not try breakfast as Wetherspoon is next door and they do a great breakfast at excellent value.
Dissapointed......so probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms at the front are quieter and void of fan noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the hotel, I am sorry that certain factors contributed to a less than enjoyable visit. We do have an on going redecoration programme at the hotel to improve our bedrooms and bathrooms which does take time so I apologise if you feel dissatisfied with your room, I will ask our maintenance team to address the issues raised and also to look into the noise from a fan that you encountered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool england
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed here for a theatre weekend . The room was clean and neat there were 2 things that let the room down hence 4 stars not 5 (room 125) peeling paper above the door and an extractor fan in the bathroom that goes but doesnt clear the steam after a shower so is inefficient . Im being picky though!!! The breakfast was lovely and the staff were brilliant at giving dirrections - the hotel is perfectly placed for the mainline station and metro tram i really would stay again if i came to manchester

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Many Thanks for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, and also for noting the room number, I can now ask maintenance to address the issues of the peeling paper and extractor fan in the bathroom. I will pass on your comments both to the chef and also reception team for your favourable feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I used the gardens for an overnight stay during the week for a works night out in Manchester. The hotel lobby was clean and spacious and the room was modern with all amenities you would expect. For 27 pounds including breakfast on a Thursday approaching Xmas, the hotel is the best value in the whole of Manchester.

• Stayed November 2013
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us a five star review following your recent stay at the hotel, your favourable remarks will be passed on to all departments.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed for three nights in November primarily to visit the Christmas markets with a friend.
We booked single rooms, and they were very large, each with a comfy double bed, large bathroom with over bath shower, Gilchrist & Soames shower gel and shampoo included. Towels were changed every day when the room was serviced. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you. If you check in early or out a while before you head off home, they will happily look after your luggage (and any extra's you've picked up) behind reception, free of charge! I stayed in room 420 and had a great night's sleep, until the Friday night, when a little noise from a club or pub kept me awake for a while.....but then again a tap dripping can wake me up!! All in all, great value and I will be staying again in December with my husband!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for posting such positive remarks following your recent visit. We only have a few single rooms so often try and offer a free upgrade. We have only recently introduced Gilchrist and Soames toiletries to the rooms and are pleased with the luxurious quality.
I will pass on your comments to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in December, you never know you may get another upgrade.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my daughter as we were going to a concert at Manchester Arena. I wasn't expecting too much as the price was so low.
On arrival I was pleasantly surprised at the decor and cleanliness of reception and was booked in by a very pleasant chap.
Overall the room was ok, clean beds and with all the amenities you would expect. The only downside was that the room was very dimly lit - it was an inside room with no window so could have done with more lights or brighter bulbs.
In the morning we had full English breakfasts that were very nice, well cooked and hot.
Overall this was a great experience when taking the cost into account - I have stayed at much worse places and paid a lot more (yes Travelodge I mean you).
Great location, good breakfast, nice staff and overall a good stay in what must be the best value hotel in the city centre.
I would stay here again, what more can I say.

Room Tip: Go for an outside room with a window.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Many Thanks for posting such a positive review following your recent stay at the hotel, the comments will be passed on to all the staff. We are looking Into the lighting levels within the internal rooms.
Malta
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just arrived from a shopping weekend, the hotel has everything we were looking for. Good central location, a few minutes walk from station and the shops. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room which was an internal one was not noisy but could do with a bit more lighting to make up for the lack of windows. But I would surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Many Thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit to the hotel and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into the lighting levels within the internal rooms, if you do stay in an internal room again - please ask for another lamp as we do have some at reception.
Belfast
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on 20 November. I had a few questions for the lady on reception, she was mega helpful and pleasant - my room was a decent size and in decent condition, the breakfast was excellent, way above what I expected with the full English freshly prepared. Location was so central, only a few hudred metres from the train station, right on Piccadilly Gardens. Couple of small niggles, the toilet seat moved around a bit, and the fan in the bathroom needs replacing as it sounded like an old fog horn. Overall enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always nice to be able to pass on good feedback to the staff. I have managed to find out what room you stayed in and will ask maintenance to look at the points raised. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.