“Good location”

Ranked #66 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Malta
“Good location”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just arrived from a shopping weekend, the hotel has everything we were looking for. Good central location, a few minutes walk from station and the shops. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room which was an internal one was not noisy but could do with a bit more lighting to make up for the lack of windows. But I would surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Many Thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit to the hotel and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into the lighting levels within the internal rooms, if you do stay in an internal room again - please ask for another lamp as we do have some at reception.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belfast
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on 20 November. I had a few questions for the lady on reception, she was mega helpful and pleasant - my room was a decent size and in decent condition, the breakfast was excellent, way above what I expected with the full English freshly prepared. Location was so central, only a few hudred metres from the train station, right on Piccadilly Gardens. Couple of small niggles, the toilet seat moved around a bit, and the fan in the bathroom needs replacing as it sounded like an old fog horn. Overall enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always nice to be able to pass on good feedback to the staff. I have managed to find out what room you stayed in and will ask maintenance to look at the points raised. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was slightly concerned about the cost of the room given the very central location [in the too good to be true category...] but I shouldn't have been. The chap who checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful. Admittedly, the room was slightly tired in places but the bed was comfy, the linen was spotless and I had a good night's sleep. All in all, I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for the review posted following your recent stay at the hotel. We do try to ensure that our rates are competitive. I will pass on your comments concerning the friendly receptionist, this is something that we work hard, it is important to make a good impression to guests on arrival.
If you do recommend the hotel, please ensure you use our website for the "best rate guarantee" and a free breakfast.
Hartlepool, England
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Enjoyed our brief stay at The Gardend Hotel and i am sure we will return. The location is excellent and allows to the return to the hotel and drop your shopping off before returning to the shops. The room was fine as was the breakfast. They also have a deal with a nearby car park with was £8.50 for 24 hours. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Many Thanks for posting your review following your recent visit to the hotel, If you do decide to visit again, please ensure you book via our website to get the 'best price guarantee' and a free breakfast.
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is my second visit to this Hotel, couldn't have been a better location for my requirements. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My special thanks go once again to Anthony, unfortunately we didn't get much time to chat! and to Paris. My room was more than comfortable, almost home from home! Have already recommended it to family and friends and will be visiting again whenever I am back in England.
jaqui zoetmulder

Room Tip: front of hotel is a bit noisey. Room higher was quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jaqui Z
Thank you for your comments following your second visit to the hotel, I will pass on your comments to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Booked in advance, price was brilliant. Updated to double room without any problems, staff was very helpful. Centeal location, clean and nice. The only thing room was very hot as there no windows, ventilation needs to be better.

Room Tip: Choose with windows
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aleona56
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Many Thanks for the comments posted following your recent stay at the hotel. Sorry that you found the room too warm, if you do stay again, our heating is on a timer system but in each room there is a temperature control for guests to regulate themselves.
Preston, Lancashire
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I love Manchester. I live 40 miles away in Preston and go there with my GF as often as possible. We try different places but this time we decided on the Gardens. Great location and several car parks within easy reach. Reception staff were cool I.e. not too gushy, a tiny bit cheeky (its a Manc thing and it appeals to me) but very helpful. The hotel is nice, we were in the top floor executive rooms which, for the money, are great. All except the floor. It squeaks and groans for England! I swear, they must have asked the developers to make it this squeaky. Either that or everyone was deaf. The bed didn't squeak though (use your imagination) which was good.
The breakfast was OK, nothing to write home about - one rasher of cheap bacon, one sausage etc. (They bring it to you so no chance of filling your plate lol!).
All in all though we both enjoyed it and we left our bags in a secure room at no charge after checking out so we could have a walk around the area.
Would I return? Yes. It's now on my list.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank NoviceClimber
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to the hotel. I will pass on your comments to the staff who will appreciate the favourable remarks. It is shame that you were disappointed with the breakfast as we usually receive good feedback on this. The floors!!! yes they are very squeaky and creaky, the hotel was converted from a very old building so this was inherited. I am glad to see that this has not put you off returning to the hotel in the future.