“Great location great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gardens Hotel

Gardens Hotel
Ranked #68 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great location great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel on a very busy Saturday in Manchester I was not expecting the world for the money that I had paid for the room. Yes the rooms are slightly dated and the paint is not top quality but as a hotel the staff were very friendly, helpful and happy. The breakfast was also very good. The previous reviews about this hotel left me a bit daunted but it was nothing like the horror stories that I have read! I would say that this hotel because of its location and price to stay is excellent. I will also stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Grant515
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for the comments posted following your recent stay at the hotel, It is good that you were pleased with our service and enjoyed your stay after reading negative feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Billingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times over the last 3-4 years and have always been greeted by friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is so central to Manchester that I am surprised that it is not more expensive. The rooms are clean, well appointed, warm and fairly quiet - I have never had problems with weekend rowdies. Breakfast is excellent - have to keep requesting less food when I order as everything comes in two's!!
Overall, an amazing value hotel considering its location in the centre of Manchester!!! I will be back!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Many Thanks for such positive remarks following your recent visit to the hotel, It is always pleasing to have good feedback from our guests this will be forwarded onto the staff.
Ipswich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed for a night in the Gardens Hotel while in Manchester for the cycling at the Velodrome. Its just a 40 minute walk to the velodrome so the hotel was very convenient. Its difficult to find as it has a very narrow frontage and in fact we walked straight past it several times. The room was fine for a night and the only things that let the hotel down were the local knowledge of the staff (dreadful) and the fact that breakfast was not served until 8. This was too late for us to get to the cycling and we had to leave without it. Never mind, a Costa Coffee almost opposite came to the rescue.

Room Tip: Dont be tempted by an inside room. my friend did and found it dreadfully hot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for the comments placed following your recent stay at the hotel.
With reference to the signage on the front, whilst the trees are lovely they do tend to block the entrance and this is something we are looking at. Not all of our staff are locals therefore the knowledge of the surrounding areas may be limited for some of them, so I apologise if they were unable to assist you. Breakfast at the weekends is later and starts at 8am, If we had been aware that you wanted something earlier our night staff would have been able to offer a continental breakfast. If you do stay again and want an earlier breakfast please let us know.
Wirral
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked a double room for a Saturday night in September on their website. In the requests box I asked for a room on an upper floor and facing the square. Upon arrival we were greeted by an obnoxious receptionist who took an age to find our booking on the system (even though I had given him a print out of the confirmation from their website). Eventually we were given our keycard and left to go and find the room by ourselves. Turned out to be at the back of the hotel with a tiny window which opened onto a noisy, stinking internal "ventilation" shaft. I dropped the bags and popped back to the desk to ask if a room on the front was available. He snapped at me and said they don't take special requests and suggested that I should be happy with what I got. In order to get to sleep that night I had to jam closed the window so that the sounds of the ventilation fans were not keeping me awake. If you can get a room here for under £30 per night it might be acceptable. I paid nearly £60 and it just wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: Get one high up as taxis and buses constanly pulling up outside and ask for a refurcbished room. Old...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you were not happy with certain aspects of your recent visit to the hotel. All reviews are taken very seriously and are circulated amongst the staff, so that we can take on board good and bad points in the hope to improve on our standards throughout the hotel. Your review only states that you stayed in September therefore it is hard for me to establish what room you stayed in and who dealt with you on arrival and throughout your stay, Please accept my apologies we do try to accommodate all requests from guests and it seems that on this occasion we failed to do so and it also seems that the matter was not dealt with in the correct manner.

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is located in the central area. It is five minutes to Piccadilly station. The room was very clean and the service at the reception was nice. The bed was confortable but the room was a bit noisi. The old bathroom was in a bad condition

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment following your recent stay at the hotel. Our housekeeping staff do work hard to ensure the rooms are clean and the reception staff often receive good comments concerning the good service which is provided, It is nice to receive good comments. Sorry that you encountered problems with noise and that bathroom was not to your satisfaction, we do have an onsite maintenance team and an on going redecoration programme covering all areas of the hotel.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Loved this hotel, stayed here last night on my own as I was out with some friends.

The room was very cosy and clean. Unsure as to how this hotel has any 'bad' reviews. Staff were very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when I'm up in Manchester. Perfect location and great value for money.

Thank you Gardens Hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Louise F
Many Thanks for the positive remarks placed following your recent visit to the hotel, your comments will be forwarded to all the staff. If you do return please ensure you check our website for the best price guarantee.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked to stay here for one night as I was attending the Billy Joel concert at the Phones 4 U (MEN) Arena and didn't want to add significantly to the cost of the trip. I stayed in a single, internal, room which meant there were no windows (so made the room quite warm, which I personally like) and I was pre-warned about this and also that the room was near the lifts and may be noisy. I actually found the room (109) to be fine and slept well! Maybe a bit of redecorating would be nice and the fire door next to the room needs some oil on the hinges (rather creaky/squeaky) but .... the bed was comfortable, the television worked, there was plenty of wardrobe/drawer space for a single room, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower over and everything was clean! The location is brilliant as I travelled through on the train from York and only had a short walk to find the hotel and the Arena is also within walking distance. The staff at the hotel were lovely and very helpful and polite. All the reception areas were clean and tidy too and there is a small bar. I paid a ridiculously small amount of money for this room (£35) and a lovely breakfast was included in the price too. I would heartily recommend this hotel. I have stayed in much worse places and been charged a premium rate for a single room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Katy A, General Manager at Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, this will be passed on to all the staff. If you do recommend the hotel please make sure you use our own website to ensure the best possible rates.