Gardens Hotel
    Good 3.5/5
    Mal Maison Hotel(Manchester)
    Great 4.5/5
    1,229 results
    All reviewspiccadilly gardenssingle roomcity centrefour poster bedfull englishexcellent locationincluding breakfasta bit tiredbudget hotelclose to piccadilly stationnorthern quartertea and coffeeshort staybreakfast was excellentyogurtstayed for one nightwetherspoons
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed December 19, 2012

A short walk from Piccadilly station and easy to find. Reasonable price. Comfortable room and quiet. Right in the centre of Manchester and few minutes walk to the shops. Left my luggage in a luggage room beside reception when checking out and easy to collect again on the way back to Piccadilly station.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
    Reviewed December 4, 2012

The central location of the hotel is a big attraction. Staff was friendly and the breakfast had a good selection. The hotel interiors were ok with carpet worn out at places etc and what one would expect with a cheap hotel. Room was dim and had no ceiling lamp and hair dryer didnt work. Lots of noise from the adjacent room and from the window which overlooked the inner courtyard. Overall comfortable and wouldnt mind staying next time for the price provided I was given a room with better view and amenities.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
    1  Thank Schrysalis
    Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just back from a very pleasant weekend here. We had previously stayed in Didsbury but DH had booked this for a change. We did have a small issue locating the hotel - we actually walked passed the entrance on the way from Picadilly train station. Once DH saw the outside he said "a kip" but the interior belied the pleasant interior. The location is superb for both shoppin g and transport. We didn't have breakfast but did avail of room service on the last night- not a great number of choices but what we got was delicious.We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed November 22, 2012

Perhaps it was because I'd had a long day and a pre-mix can on the train to Manchester, but it took me a while to locate this hotel. In fact, I had to go into another hotel reception who kindly pointed it out to me. In my defence, the electric sign outside wasn't lit up despite it being fairly late in the evening and there was no clear signage anywhere, just a tiny doorway between two shops. To be honest, my heart kind of sank and I assumed I'd be in for a pretty grotty night.

Not so, as it turned out. The staff were superb and my check in was just the right combination of speedy and welcoming. The carpet on the way to the rooms is a little threadbare but the room itself was really clean, quite large, with a newly refurbished bathroom and a decent tv. They had hair dryers and ironing boards in the rooms and the bed was comfy too.

In the morning, I only nipped to the lounge area for a couple of pieces of toast but noted that they did a decent veggie cooked breakfast as well as the usual cereal options.

Overall, a decent hotel with lovely staff. They just need to spruce up the outside and the carpet from reception to the rooms so people don't get the wrong idea before they check in!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
    Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in the Garden's Hotel with my husband recently while visiting Manchester. The hotel could not have been more convieniently located - litereally just a stroll from the train station. We chose an exectutive room on the basis of the photos, and were not disappointed. Our room was really lovely, very well finished, very clean and very modern. The bathroom was immaculate too. We found the staff to be very nice and helpful - though to be honest we didn't need a whole lot from them. Friends of ours stayed in a regular double room and were disappointed with the room, so I was very glad to have upgraded for the small cost. Breakfast in the morning was lovely, cooked to measure and prompt. The toilets downstairs were of a lower standard to the rest of the hotel, but overall we had an absolutely lovely time and couldn't fault the hotel. I would definately recommend it to a friend, and I would choose to stay there again myself if in Manchester.

Room Tip: Upgrade if possible for a nicer room all round.
    • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple