1,794 results
All reviews manchester airport close to the airport four poster next morning an early flight flying from manchester shuttle service free shuttle airport stay car parking stayed here for one night good nights sleep terminal stopover motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Checked in on 11/01/18 with my fiancé to get some sleep before an early flight to Mexico. The gentleman on reception was lovely with such good customer service. I thought the hotel was really quirky and really cosy!

Room seemed okay too until we tried to go to sleep. We only needed the room for 5 hours as we arrived at midnight and needed to go to the airport for 5 but it was a disaster to try and get any sleep.

Room 3 on the ground floor has a really annoying noise that I can only describe as a boiler or air conditioning rumbling every 15 seconds perhaps?! We tried turning air con off to see if it helped but the rumbling/Buzz sound contained every 15 seconds. So unbelievably frustrating. I’m writing this at 03.47 as we lay in the dark and wait for the alarm to go off so we can leave.

We contemplated going down to reception but by the time we move all our stuff to another room we’d be left with an hour till we check out so it just seemed pointless. I honestly considered going to sleep in my car as I’m that shattered/fed up. Both of us have tossed and turned and I don’t know how anybody can sleep with this annoying noise.

Such a shame as like I said the staff on reception were great but the noises in the room are terrible. No good if you are light sleepers I’m afraid and I couldn’t come back here because of this. It really needs looking into. It sounds like an old boiler or heating system. Nothing worse than being away all night knowing you’re about to get a ten hour flight to Mexico very disappointing.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear Drew646

I am so sorry that your sleep was disturbed by a rumbling noise in your room. I will discuss your review with our maintenance team to see if the problem can be resolved. Please accept my sincere apology for any distress caused. I hope that you had a pleasant flight and enjoyable holiday in Mexico. Please do contact me on your return as I would like to discuss your stay at Etrop Grange with you.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

We were visiting family in Manchester and the hotel came up on Wowcher, it is really convenient for the airport and Manchester central, the booking was easy and the reception staff were fab to deal with. The hotel bedrooms need a bit of TLC and you need a stepladder to get into bed but overall a nice stay, the food both at evening and breakfast was outstanding although the restaurant was distinctly chilly for dinner, as was the bar area.
Overall would stay again if flying from Manchester or visiting the area

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear less2018

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you found our reception staff fab, the food served at breakfast and dinner outstanding and that you enjoyed your stay. I note your comments regarding the temperature in the bar and restaurant, I will speak to our maintenance team. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

This hotel has seen better days and could do with a refurbishment. However the staff were pleasant on the day and our afternoon tea was of a good standard. So although I have no complaints I would not recommend as something particularly special.

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Janbbbbbb

Thank you for posting a review. I was pleased to read that you found our staff pleasant and enjoyed afternoon tea. I note your comments regarding the décor and can confirm that refurbishment works have already started and that all areas of the hotel will be updated during our rolling refurbishment plan. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future to see the changes that have been made.

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

It's an ancient pub right next to the airport. That said it's surprisingly quiet overnight.

There are a few downsides. Thanks to it's age, the walls are paper thin and the plumbing is your standard British hot as hell / Arctic cold nightmare. Good luck with closing the window blinds or getting the heating to work. Oh, and the doors rattle when someone passes by in the hall.

Despite all this, you can't argue with the plus points. The location is superb for catching an early flight. The staff were friendly and helpful and the shuttle to the airport is very useful. So, although it's seen better days, this is a great deal for the location.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sally W, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear ReluctantGeek

Thank you for posting a review. I was delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that the shuttle service to the airport worked well for you. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Had a great overnight stay with a group of friends just before Christmas. The food was good value for money. We had the Library room for our meal in the evening which was lovely. The breakfast was also very good.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank susanlN5316NW

Dear susanlN5316NW

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning the quality of the food served. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.