“The outside may be grand but the stay was not”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #66 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The outside may be grand but the stay was not”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I have written many reviews but this was not favourable. In my opinion does not rate 4 star and not worth the bill we paid. Excellent location although we were not using the airport. Room shoddy, rom service poor as waited 5 hours after request for the coffee tea biscuits to be brought to the room. Breakfast was Luke warm by the time the ordered fried egg arrived. Only redeeming feature was the staff were very friendly and accommodating

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night with some business colleagues. I arrived at Manchester airport and the hotel offers a shuttle service, however after two phone calls and a 25 minute wait I eventually arrived at the hotel.
The check in was carried out with military precision and tone, the receptionist was not rude but could do with going on a customer service training course.
The room was clean, well laid out with all the facilities you would expect, everything was in good condition and in the cupboard was an iron and ironing board, useful for when you have a client meeting in the morning. I did notice the room was cool and the heater had been turned right down and with the weather we have been having lately it could have been set higher. The bathroom was small but had everything in it. I did notice the towel rail was cold but it looked like it was connected to an electrical supply which I assumed was on some sort of timer, the bathroom was stone cold. After dinner when I returned to the room it was still not that warm despite the heater being set to maximum and the bathroom door closed. I'm far from being a cold person in fact I'm the opposite. In the morning I found the bathroom still cold and the towel rail was not working.
The bar and restaurant were OK, even if the prices in the restaurant were a little high, I spend 30% of my life in hotels so know what to expect.
When I come back to the area I would definitely consider this place again despite my comments but I would check the heating in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I just got married on Saturday 23rd March and the venue was held at this hotel. Me and my husband was completely overwelmed by the stuff and all they did for us. They made our night go so smoothly and made us feel very special. The room was so lovely and gave us free champagne on ice with roses on the bed and in diamonds. When we arrived back to the room they also made fresh sandwiches incase we was hungry after the party. the staff and wedding planner Helen was amazing and with me planning our wedding from over seas as we live in Jersey they was a great help. They couldn't do enough for us. The toastmaster was just simply brilliant.

• Stayed March 2013
Rodersdorf, SO, Switzerland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It takes a lot for me to take time out to commend and recognise great service - this is one of those times. I booked a room for my elderly in-laws to stay over to break their travel and they couldn't have been better looked after. In-laws were delighted with both the reception staff and the night porter support. Room and facilities first class. I even received an email from the receptionist to let me know that they had shuttled them safely off to the train station for their onward journey. This level of service was not expected and demonstrated their complete attention to detail. Congratulations to all the staff and their Management. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 949DCOULSON
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The bed is excellent, but the rest is poor.
My room was in the basement! Likely, it was very calm.
The toilet flush did not work, but they repaired.
The shouwer : no flow control, lot of water on the ground.
The sink : hot and cold taps! Please revise your plumbery to have uptodate quality!
Internet :ok good signal
Food : i had to argue to have my omelette in 10 minutes, otherwise it should have taken 30 minutes.
No snacks available at the bar counter.

I will not recommand this hotel, except if all others are fully booked!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a room in the airport Hilton but was told it was totally sold out. So I checked on the web and was pointed to Etorp Grange. The website looked ok and it showed 4stars, so I booked.
Reception was dirty and sticky. My room is on the second floor without elevator and carrying luggage.
No heating in the room and 0 C outside.
Interior looks like from grannies dumpster. Bathroom super small and logically ice cold. Paint from walls has cracks and holes. See also my pictures. They speak fornthemselve. Holy cow, I will never come back here and certainly cannot recommend this. Stay away and check into a reknown hotel chain. What a nightmare. :-(
Don't even want to think about the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank SwissRalle
england
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, given toom on lower ground floor, wow what a smell of damp, the corridoe smelled and within the room it was over powering. I requested a change of room and was given room 71 on the first floor. Not such a nice decor room but adequate.
But even this room had its issues, the bathroom, which was on the large side was unheated, the window frame was mouldy, the paint was peeling off of the ceiling, the tiolet did not flush very well leaving most off it in the pan until the third or fourth flush !
The attention to detail is lacking here, the service is good although the bar is far to small specially when busy, there is a lack of seating in the lounge areas.
This hotel is geared for weddings and transit traffic for the airport.
It is just an ok hotel which could be a lot better, but you feel the hotel is happy with the turnaround it gets and is happy not to spend to much on improvements.

Room Tip: dont get rooms on the lower ground floor, these smell of damp