“Thank you for making our wedding day perfect”
Review of Etrop Grange

Etrop Grange
Ranked #68 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Thank you for making our wedding day perfect”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had our wedding at Etrop Grange on 01-04-12, no April fools around that day though it was perfect. A special thanks to Luciano who calmed my bride to be nerves and did a perfect job as toast master. The setting was beautiful and provided lots of fantastic pictures, the meal was lovely and we really couldn't have asked anymore of the very helpful staff. We had a hilarious disco courtesy of the resident DJ who managed to play such perfect songs that the floor was never empty! We had a fantastic bridal suite and reports from the many wedding guests who also stayed over were very positive re their rooms. A special thanks to the shuttle driver who very kindly transported several guests to and from various locations. All in all a great time had by everyone and only possible due to the dedication and positive attitudes of all the staff, big thanks to Helen the wedding co ordinator who made the whole process pain free.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here after our Xmas party. The whole place was spotless, the staff were friendly and courteous (not in a robotic way) and the food was fantastic. The whole thing was accurately priced too!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for 1 night for a meeting with colleagues. The level of customer is excellent, room clean, comfortable, with an excellent shower. Which is all you need really! Nice bar area. Only downside was at breakfast, where only scrambled eggs were available on the buffet, and the juice glasses were tiny... But that nit picking.

Excellent value and will use again.

Stayed April 2012
England
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Super hotel.We stayed one night and room lovely.Staff great and food we had there in bar very good.We went for walk when we arrived.If you turn left you will come to a huge park with duck pond.We walked through then thought we would do circular but found a pub and had few drinks first.Would definately stay there again.Shuttle transfer to Manchester airport free.

Room Tip: Bit of a maze with room location so maybe ask for ground floor.Porter took our cases up for us to ou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear napierbride,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Etrop Grange. We are indeed surrounded by some lovely parks and local attractions and our reception team would be happy to send any enquiring guest in the right direction.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Beautiful old building, lovely rooms (bit of wear and tear, but nothing too bad), and 5 min drive from the airport - all for 60 pounds per couple. I really liked it. We had lunch there as well, with my family who came to see us off at the airport - food was great, albeit it isn't that cheap. Definitely the best place around if you have to be near the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Etrop Grange, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Karen99,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments regarding our food, we are very proud of our menu and the Chef that created it. We will be launching our Summer menu at the beginning of June, we hope that you'll come back and try the new dishes when it is released.

Northamptonshire
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good Hotel, convenient for the airport. Reasonably priced, clean rooms

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Janeyjou,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel. We do hope you'll return and visit us next time you're in the area.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We shipped our 4 month old puppy, Freeway, to Dubai with Emirates Skycargo ex Manchester Airport and I booked myself onto the same flight. Unfortunately it was subject to a 15 hour overnight delay! Just before Emirates announced that passengers who didn't live close by would be put up in City hotels, they pulled me aside and asked if I would like to leave the dog in Quarantine, where he'd be fed but still stuck in his crate (no thanks!) or if I had a friend who could take him for the night. It was too late to impose on friends and family, almost an hour's drive to the dog friendly City hotel on offer, PLUS I had to collect a mountain of luggage and check it and the dog back in at 7am. So, with google's help, I booked the two of us into the dog-friendly Etrop Grange right by the airport, at my own expense, and went straight there, via Cargo (in tears because the first cab driver refused to take a 4kg dog in a crate). This proved to be A Good Call. From the front desk manager who greeted me, to the 3 people who ran to my aid when they saw all the luggage (no lift), and the breakfast staff the next day, the personnel at Etrop Grange were totally fantastic. They made an enormous fuss of my cute puppy, who by now had been stuck in a crate for 7 hours and travelled all of 3 miles. He was bored stiff and kept me awake all night playing and chewing. So I didn't get much sleep, despite it being a very comfortable and cosy room with soft bedding, plenty of hot water, tea-making paraphernalia, clean towels and all that jazz. Next morning, the hotel's amazing driver Peter helped me to get the luggage down (dog crate included) and took me to Emirates Cargo to check in the puppy at 7am, where I was tipped off that the flight wouldn't really depart until closer to 11am. Peter then drove me to Check In (which took AGES as the buses had tipped all the delayed passengers at the airport at the same time). He picked me up again and took me back to Cargo (in between his next two pick ups/drop offs) so that I could give the dog a proper walk. Then he returned me to the Terminal again. We loved Peter; he is an absolute SAINT! After living in London for 20 years, I suspect we were probably on the receiving end of far greater kindness in Manchester - not only from the Etrop Grange team but also from Emirates and Sky Cargo - than we would have been at Heathrow. Everybody was so considerate, sweet and patient. We are now safely home and living happily ever after. Hurrah!

Room Tip: This being a last minute booking on a busy night, there were no ground floor rooms available and no...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DanielleNay
Dear DanielleNay,

I was so pleased to read your review as the staff at the hotel were talking about your adorable puppy for days after you'd left! We always aim to accommodate people no matter what the circumstance and I'm happy to see that this time was no different.
I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed along to Peter, he will be most pleased to know he left a lasting impression with you.
We look forward to seeing you and Freeway in the future!