“Excellent stay”

Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #28 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nice clean hotel,well located. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and i would definitely stay again. This hotel is good value for money and the room we had was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank FrankandJules
Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Spent one night at this hotel. We had booked with Priceline and had got a very good rate The girl who checked us in was a delight. Very friendly and chatty. When asked the purpose of our stay we had said it was our anniversary. When we returned from afternoon shopping we found that the hotel had left us a "happy anniversary" slab of cheesecake and fruit in our room. A very nice touch and very thoughtful. The room ( allocated to us before we had mentioned it was our annivesary) was very good with two double beds and a lounge seating area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the lift shaft
Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmyHLancs
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I took my mum to Manchester to the theatre for the weekend and stayed at the Renaissance hotel. The location was great, the service was superb and our room was excellent. We arrived early and were thrilled that we were able to check in. The staff on reception were very friendly. It was also ideal as it had on site parking which lots of City centre hotels don't have.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendleech1
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The website made the hotel look fantastic, very modern and contemporary. Reality is that this is an old hotel which is in need of modernisation in the lobby and the bedrooms. I was underwhelmed with the hotel generally and particularly annoyed at being given a bedroom on the 9th floor which was next to the elevator shaft which meant I could hear the lifts operating all night. To be fair the room was very large, with two double beds, a desk and a sofa in, but again was showing signs of age and in need of a makeover. Breakfast was average, nothing special. One positive was on site car parking, however this was expensive at £16 for 24 hours. I asked for Wi-Fi but refused it when I was asked to pay £15 for 24 hours, the most expensive I've ever come across. I would say the best thing about this hotel is its location which is on Deansgate with all of its shopping and restaurants. Personally, I won't return until the hotel has had a complete makeover and resembles its website.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the elevator shaft.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My daughter and I have just returned from an overnight stay at the Renaissance Hotel, and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We arrived early intending to drop off our luggage but we were delighted to be able to check in and go to our room straight away. The staff on reception were really nice and helpful. Our room on the 10th floor had 2 queen sized beds and were incredibly comfortable. The pillows were really fluffy, and the room itself was great. We had a terrific view of the Manchester Eye. The location couldn't be beaten. Everything on the doorstep. Over the road was a Spar so as we had a fridge in the room, we stored a bottle of wine for drinking later! We were going to the MEN and that's only 5 minutes away. Shopping less than 5 minutes! I wish our stay had been longer than one night.
Breakfast in the morning was really nice - the best bit being it was serving until 11am so no rushing to get down. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoonyPrune
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My title may sound like I am going to mark this hotel down but not at all. It has everything you could want and the service left me with no complaints. The hotel was 100% full when I stayed yet it was quiet and staff remained obliging and polite. The room was very comfortable with lots of space to move about around a huge king size bed. The large bathroom even had natural daylight, not something you get often now! The corridors and bedrooms lacked the modern refurbishment that the foyer and dining area obviously has had but it didn't lack comfort. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed one night in a club level suite, rooms were clean, well decorated, and the bed was fantastic, really good nights sleep.
The hotels biggest strength were its staff, Desk staff were helpful and polite, and the resturant and bar staff were fantastic.
I have stayed in suites in the Hilton and the Blue Rainbow in Manchester but this was far better than either of them.
I will book here again without hesitation next time i'm in Manchester.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple