1,810 results
All reviewstwo double bedscity centrecar parksitting areaharvey nicholscoffee tablebit datedrooms are largeexcellent locationmen arenaclub roombars and restaurantsreception stafffull englishbreakfast was excellenthotel barsaturday night
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Fantastic location close to shops, restaurants, bars, the IMAX cinema and more. My fiancé and I stayed here at the beginning of June to watch Take That, check was quick and we were given a map and directions/travel advice of how to get to the stadium.

The room was very large, with a comfortable large bed. A few minor complaints about the room: I feel that there was so much space in the actual room, yet the bathroom was so cramped that some of the room space should've been sacrificed to make the bathroom a bit bigger, this isn't something easily fixed though. The second complaint is regarding the curtains, they were quite awkward to shut. The windows are quite poor quality as well, there was a function on the saturday night and despite being on the 9th floor with the windows shut we could still clearly hear the music from the ground floor function until late. The tv was also poor quality and difficult to operate, certainly not flat screen as was advertised, this wasn't a big problem though as you don't go away to watch tv.

In general the service was good, all staff friendly and helpful. There was one time that annoyed me though, before the concert on Sunday we had booked a taxi through the hotel to take us to the stadium as it was chucking it down! We were ready about half an hour early so decided to have a quick drink in the bar, I waited at the bar for someone to serve me for about 5 minutes before going to reception and asking if there was someone to serve and they said a barman was around somewhere, so I waited another 5 minutes before someone turned up (I was getting ready to turn the bar in to self service!), a quick drink got a bit quicker, and of course it wasn't cheap.

Despite the few complaints it was a fantastic stay and I would definitely stat again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here at the beginning of June along with my sister and friend. We were in Manchester to to see Take That. The week before my sister broke her foot and we were a bit unsure if we should still go, so pleased that we did. The hotel staff were so helpful and allocated us a room on the first floor close to the lift. The hotel let us borrow a wheelchair which was fantanstic which enabled us to still go about Manchester around the shops and restaurants. This has to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The beds were so comfortable that we didn't want to leave them in the morning. The one thing that did tempt us to get up was the lovely breakfast. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Manchester not only for beautiful experience of the hotel but for it's location as well. There are so many good restaurants and shops so close by. My next project now is to see if my husband will take me back here!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2011

, My husband had to leave the car on the double yellow lines to get a card for the car park, no one seem interested in rushing to help!
We had too struggle from the car park to reception, we asked for help with the luggage and had too wait for a bored luggage porter who did wheel the suitcase but did not bother to take the bag over my shoulder just leaving me after a long journey with my walking stick to try and keep up with him.
I would have thought once we arrived and gave the name the staff might have checked our profile and saw it was my first stay in a hotel since becoming disabled.

1  Thank Marylebone024
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a function. The room was great, very clean, nice seating area, 2 comfy double beds, great hairdryer !!

Food and service with the function was excellent as was breakfast the following morning.

The Hotel staff were all very friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Situated minutes from the night life & the shopping area we could see everything from our window
speedy check in - the employees were absolutely lovely & very helpful!
room was very spacious! beds very comfortable!