“Living Social Deal for meal for two”

Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Eccles Manchester
“Living Social Deal for meal for two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I went along to this hotel last Saturday and we must say the food was really good and the staff so friendly - especially Sarah who couldnt do enough for us and Sean - very pleasant staff and a brilliant evening out - thank you.

Elise & Mike Kinnear

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Fantastic location close to shops, restaurants, bars, the IMAX cinema and more. My fiancé and I stayed here at the beginning of June to watch Take That, check was quick and we were given a map and directions/travel advice of how to get to the stadium.

The room was very large, with a comfortable large bed. A few minor complaints about the room: I feel that there was so much space in the actual room, yet the bathroom was so cramped that some of the room space should've been sacrificed to make the bathroom a bit bigger, this isn't something easily fixed though. The second complaint is regarding the curtains, they were quite awkward to shut. The windows are quite poor quality as well, there was a function on the saturday night and despite being on the 9th floor with the windows shut we could still clearly hear the music from the ground floor function until late. The tv was also poor quality and difficult to operate, certainly not flat screen as was advertised, this wasn't a big problem though as you don't go away to watch tv.

In general the service was good, all staff friendly and helpful. There was one time that annoyed me though, before the concert on Sunday we had booked a taxi through the hotel to take us to the stadium as it was chucking it down! We were ready about half an hour early so decided to have a quick drink in the bar, I waited at the bar for someone to serve me for about 5 minutes before going to reception and asking if there was someone to serve and they said a barman was around somewhere, so I waited another 5 minutes before someone turned up (I was getting ready to turn the bar in to self service!), a quick drink got a bit quicker, and of course it wasn't cheap.

Despite the few complaints it was a fantastic stay and I would definitely stat again.

• Stayed June 2011
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here at the beginning of June along with my sister and friend. We were in Manchester to to see Take That. The week before my sister broke her foot and we were a bit unsure if we should still go, so pleased that we did. The hotel staff were so helpful and allocated us a room on the first floor close to the lift. The hotel let us borrow a wheelchair which was fantanstic which enabled us to still go about Manchester around the shops and restaurants. This has to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The beds were so comfortable that we didn't want to leave them in the morning. The one thing that did tempt us to get up was the lovely breakfast. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Manchester not only for beautiful experience of the hotel but for it's location as well. There are so many good restaurants and shops so close by. My next project now is to see if my husband will take me back here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

, My husband had to leave the car on the double yellow lines to get a card for the car park, no one seem interested in rushing to help!
We had too struggle from the car park to reception, we asked for help with the luggage and had too wait for a bored luggage porter who did wheel the suitcase but did not bother to take the bag over my shoulder just leaving me after a long journey with my walking stick to try and keep up with him.
I would have thought once we arrived and gave the name the staff might have checked our profile and saw it was my first stay in a hotel since becoming disabled.

1 Thank Marylebone024
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a function. The room was great, very clean, nice seating area, 2 comfy double beds, great hairdryer !!

Food and service with the function was excellent as was breakfast the following morning.

The Hotel staff were all very friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Situated minutes from the night life & the shopping area we could see everything from our window
speedy check in - the employees were absolutely lovely & very helpful!
room was very spacious! beds very comfortable!

Beaumaris, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

The outside of the hotel should have told me - it's urgly outside and not much better in. Friendly check in, tired lift, carpets and I was booked into a suite - the curtains were closed which I thought was very odd - until i opened them! The windows had not been cleaned outside in probably ten years so to hide the problem they keep the curtains closed! The bathroom was very tired and 1970s decor, the bath was only really usable for a shower - you wouldnt want to lie in it. So i had a shower to find a pubic hair at eye level on the bath tiles - it did not improve after that... grey and tired linen, dated furniture. bed side alrm went off 1am which just about summed the place up. Having read other reviews saying its nice, i can only assumed they are people connected to the hotel. if you stayed at thier new sister hotel at st pancaras station london and then came here you would be in for a hotel from hell. i would never stay here again, it was dire and a disgrace. How Marriott even dare call it a Renaissance Hotel is beyond me - it was built probably in the 1970s and not a penny spent on it since. I stay in hotels all over the place 3-4 nights every week and this is worse than most of the worst Travelodge sites... forget the central location there are plenty of far better hotels and i will never stay at this hotel again - it was disgusting!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!