Stayed here for a night to watch a football match. Since my wife did not join me for the game, she could go shopping around the area nearly located to the hotel. Lovely location, beautiful building, majestic interior design of the lobby. Just walk across the street you'll find buses and trams waiting. The multilingual staff would be able to help you to find your way anyway in the city.
With a price quite high, we were surprised that breakfast was not included and there was no minibar in our room (thank heaven that there's a lot of eating places around). The room has split level, separated by wooden railing, which blocks the view when we want to watch the tv from our bed. The heater was not working. The lift was so small, we rather take the stairs when carrying the luggage by ourselves. Cheap-looking mass-produced furnitures.
The sad part is, many people who came back after 11pm from the football game were inspected by door guards for their room key to avoid strangers bunking in. Not that I am against security & safety, but lining up outside the entrance when temperature is below zero is definitely not fun for hotel residents, especially when they are tired and sleepy.
It has spacious room, spacious bathroom and comfortable bed with lots of pillow, but we expected more for what we pay. I'll try another hotel if I am coming back to Manchester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel