I stayed at this hotel soley as a budget option and made my reservation via booking.com. Understanding that it was an old run-down property in need of modernisation I didn't object to the dirty wall-paper peeling from the walls, the old carpets that would benefit from a quick machine cleaning ir the huge chip in the enamel in the bottom of the old bath...however I really do object to being charged a surcharge for using my credit card when my booking confirmation said that there were no extra charges and the adverstised price would be the price I'd pay. Booking.com are taking this up with the hotel directly as it contravenes one or two legal points. It was only £2 that if it had been included in the price or I had been notified in advance about I would not have quibbled...just a matter of principle and deceitful practice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel