I've stayed here numerous times and always had a positive experience but my last stay I actually agree with the less than generous reviews on here. I went to check in and there was only one person in front of me. He was quite a vigorous complainer about his stay the night before. I really think this gentleman , as he was discussing security issues should have been taken to an office rather than let his problems be heard by everyone. Also I wasn't impressed that reception were basically telling him to just write in, where they could have dealt with his complaint. I did then then check in after a 10 minute wait. My room was tired with peeling paper, broken wheel on the bed. Dirty chair fabric. Only 1 of tea and coffee and 2 milks for 2 people in an executive room. The room did feel grubby. I was going to order a room service breakfast but both of the cards on my door had already been filled out by previous occupants plus there was no pen or pencil in the room to do it anyway. I had the do not disturb sign on my door but was woken by cleaners talking loudly from wrong around 8am. If you check my previous review I am not a professional complainer but on this occasion I really feel the hotel is going down hill fast. I have stayed here more times that I can remember but it really needs a shake up. Not good enough! Also after hearing the security complaint I was nervous staying in the room especially as do not leave valuables in the room signs had appeared in the rooms since my last visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel