I recently stayed overnight with a coach party at the britannia manchester hotel,you could tell it was once a grand hotel with its wide sweeping staircase and huge chandelier.The rooms were a bit tired but clean and adequate,I think the room could be transformed with £10 worth of emulsion.The hotel restaurant was situated on the lower ground floor and was very hot,it was spacious and the staff were very smart and attentive.The food was buffet style,good quality and plentiful.Using the restaurant bar was a pleasant surprise with a very drinkable bottle of house red at £6-95 and a pint of lager at £1-70.If you are looking for a reasonably priced city center hotel for shopping etc the britannia is worth considering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel