I satyed at this hotel maybe 12 years ago and it was lovely, with that in mind I booked 8 of us for a night and expected the same. However the service was shocking and the reception staff whilst checking in should have been a sign of things to come. They made us pay in advance in cash as there is a 2% fee if paying by card. They refused a 20 pound note because it had a tiny tear on the corner. We were 20 minutes early for the official 2pm check in time so they gave us the key card and we could collect the key later when the rooms were ready.We left our bags in the hotel and received a tag to collect them later. That evening when 2 of us returned a 'doorman' or bouncer to be more precise said ' Oi mate stay there' this is just walking in to the main reception he then asked for proof of staying at the hotel and I showed him my key card and then collected my key from reception. It was a very hostile greeting.. Not as hostile as when 3 more of the party arrived later. One of them could'nt find their key card and were refused entry, this happens in every hotel and should be easily resolved by chatting with the reception staff to confirm name. booking etc and recieve a new card and key. When they refused to leave a hotel they were booked in to, some words were exchanged which I agree should'nt have happened but then 5 bouncers dragged one of them out which resulted in a stay at A&E until 9.30am he had one of the party stay with him the other had to book into the Mercure across the road. No refunds no CCTV saved to make a complaint against the doormen and absolutely no intervention from the reception staff to try and clarify if they were actually guests. One of the party actually barracaded his room door in fear of reprisals from the bouncers.Horrible hotel, thugs on the door and couldnt care less staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel