The grandeur of the outside, stairway and reception of the hotel is not reflected in the rooms. We did receive an upgrade to a suite which although roomy, was in need of updating and would not have been worth the full price. I would at least expect a modern tv. Although the furniture has character it looks tired but I hope it is restored rather than replaced with modern furniture.
The rooms were clean, the bar was a nice place to have a drink before bed and breakfast was served in a typical buffet style.
A big plus is that they allow smoking in some rooms, so no standing outside in the cold.
If you want a quiet weekend stay I might not recommend a stay here. There is a public bar which is open until late and has loud music, which we could hear but it didn't keep us awake. We were woken at 2am when someone who had drunk a little too much set off the fire alarm
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel