Britannia Sachas Hotel
  • Room Service
$216
$198
2,324 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 23, 2010

The location of the hotel is great and ideal for people going out on a night out, if it is just a bed you are after. this is the only purpose i can see this hotel fit for. Rubbish hotel couldnt spend more than an hour in the dirty room without feeling sick

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I can honestly say that the Britannia Hotel in Manchester is the worst hotel I have ever booked. Our room was dirty, dark and smelt of stale cigarettes....there wasn’t even a window in the room- I refused to stay here. I don’t think the place has ever been cleaned.
My friends and I went to Manchester to celebrate a friend’s party and we were all seriously disappointed. We paid £70 for one night and it honestly y was not even worth 70p. Don't book this hotel- Don’t be fooled by the pictures and price-What a horrible experience.
Thanks from very unhappy and disappointed customer

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank RHONEW
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The hotel itself is ok, however, there seem to be some serious problems with the cleanliness of rooms. The bed was uncomfortable and squeaked every time we turned and was very uncomfortable. The main problem was, that the bedding seems to have triggered a very serious allergic response in my partner, which we believe was triggered by dust mites, and I was very itchy too the next day.
Although the hotel is centrally located, and staff are nice, the cleanliness of the bed was a problem, so really wouldn't recommend it...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2010

When I read the reviews on this hotel I was really worried but in fact I had no problems at all. It is very central - just by Picadilly Gardens. The staff were helpful. The bed was firm but I dont mind that and slept well. Everything I used worked. It looked clean and full english breakfast was included. The coffee was good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I had read previous reviews of the hotel and had laughed it off - some people are so critical, right? Wrong. They were proved correct.
When I first arrived the lobby screamed TACKY and the people in the lobby were a different matter. Walking up the stairs to my room, my friends and I picked up on the distinctive smell of smoke only to be surprised seconds later with a hallway full of rubbish placed in recyclable Primark bags - the smell, or sight, was not pleasant.
I did not stay for an evening meal but can assure you that breakfast was, if anything, bland and inedible; my fried toast made me feel physically ill. The juice machine had a constant leak and I didn’t even feel up to tackling the sausages.
Once we had placed our bags down we went to find a lift only to find a gaping hole in the wall that once had been, clearly, a broken down lift. What surprised us all was that this hole was not even hidden from the clients staying in the hotel, it had been casually dismissed by the rest of the staff and obviously maintenance didn’t feel up to the job. This made us feel, to say the least, at unease. We were staying in a broken hotel? Not good.
Upon our arrival we were told that only 2 of the 3 rooms we had booked had been “cleaned” by the maintenance staff and the most important room, due to hold 5 people (a “luxury” suite) was not ready. We all put our bags down into the smallest of the rooms which, to our surprise, contained no window. My friends and I thought a window was vital and prayed for the best in the other room. When the suite was finally ready we found that the window was covered by iron bars – we were staying in a prison? How bizarre.
After 5 solid hours shopping in Manchester to try and pass time so as to avoid our return to the hotel, I found that I had been rather unfortunately delegated to a camp bed. I can deal with camp beds, when they’re in-tact. I sat on my camp bed absolutely exhausted and not otherwise impressed with the hotel only to find that my camp bed was broken. My friends and I deliberated upon notifying the staff only to realise that the bed was a “build your own” type of deal. I can also tell you that the bed itself, even when “fixed”, was far from comfortable.
The average age of my party being 15, we did not want to be disturbed in the lift at 10 o’clock in the morning by a man who seemed to want to tell the whole lift about his previous night getting drunk and taking as many shots as he could. To say the least, we were not interested.
The morning that we were fortunately leaving my friend decided to embrace the piano. She bent over, being only a young teenager of 14, not expecting for the elderly man walking behind her to take such notice in her stance and rear end. This had us feeling sick to our stomachs, and hoping the morning’s vile breakfast did not repeat on us.
As we checked out (finally!) we were assured that our bags would be safe in the store room. Had I been staying with my family, I know we would not have trusted the old broom closet now turned into 3 rows of filthy stone shelves that did not need a lot of effort to be opened. Thankfully our bags were returned to us, a little dirtier than when we had arrived, but in-tact nonetheless.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone in the least unless you are planning on a one-night stand in which you will be completely off your head. In this case, you will be matching the usual clientele of Sachas.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends