“Superb value for money”

Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Lancashire UK
“Superb value for money”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I recently stayed one night on business and was quite staggered how good the accommodation was given the £77 room rate for a king sized bedroom.
This hotel is in a secondary location just off Chinatown albeit this isn't a big problem given the free city centre shuttle bus stops outside.
The breakfast is also worthy of mention - freshly cooked - excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Incubator62
MacdonaldTownhouse, General Manager at Townhouse Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Incubator62,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are fortunate that we have a number of businesses with whom we work who have their teams stay with us. We are always thankful that they choose to do so.

Perhaps we will see you again soon and you can enjoy our fantastic breakfast.

James McDevitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Hungarian first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here last weekend fantastic hotel in a great location. Room was large well presented and very clean every thing you need from a hotel . Breakfast was really good and the staff were great made us really welcome could not find any fault will be stopping again soon thank you

Stayed December 2013
Dear Anthony G,

Thank you for your very kind comments.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and even more so that you will be stopping again soon. It seems that we have hit the mark. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Townhouse.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights when in Manchester on business. Very good hotel at the edge of China Town. Unimposing from the outside and refined inside. Rooms were comfortable and well decorated. Warm for me but great for other I'm sure!

Reception is awkward on a landing of stairway - but no issues at all.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Craig M,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Townhouse in the future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum. The rooms are very nice. Well presented and decorated. Comfortable beds. I love the boutique feel of the hotel. The staff seem very young but provided good customer service. We ate in the intimate restaurant in the evening. The food was very nice and of a high quality but we had to send the starters back as they were cold. The bill was incorrect and we were left for very long periods of time without bring attended to. The staff in the restaurant were miserable and not attentive at all. We did mention this to then find them off with at breakfast the following morning. Not professional at all. Experience and customer service lessons needed!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear ktewhite,

Thank you for your excellent and candid feedback.

Any chance to learn and improve our guests’ experiences is always welcome. Please accept our apologies for any missteps and we thank you for bringing any training opportunity to our attention. I would encourage you to contact me and I will gladly discuss your comments in greater detail.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed here a few times for work, the breakfast is good, although I did find it a bit slow one of the mornings. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room service is standard but still tasty. I chose not to eat in the restaurant so I am unable to comment on that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear lauthom,

Thank you for your lovely comments. Clean, helpful, tasty and friendly are always signs of a good result. Please do let me know when you may next be staying with us as it is always nice to say thank you in person and take any other valued feedback on board.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Although the hotel is very nice and well presented, we were not told until we checked in that there was a Christmas party in the bar and restaurant area. There was a good atmosphere but no where to sit and we couldn't book a table to eat.
The room was pleasant and well appointed however the air con didn't seem to work and the windows didn't open. Secondary glazing was fitted but was not effective at cutting down on the street noise. We did not get much sleep due to the around of outside noise for most of the night.
The staff were very attentive but there did seem to be a lack of mature staff.
The whole idea of booking a hotel is to get a good nights sleep and due to the amount of noise we felt that we didn't get value for our money.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Skirkuk,

I appreciate your taking the time to post your comments.

Even more so, I would appreciate your taking the time to contact me directly so that I can address any concerns which you may have had and therefore have tangible information with which to credibly review your comments with the team. It is always a missed opportunity if we don’t have the chance to speak to you when you are our guest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

England
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I am staying at the Macdonald Townhouse for 4 nights on business. The hotel is really nice and the rooms very comfortable. The staff are very attentive and the service is excellent. What I can't get over is how noisy it is. I am on my final night and over the course of this week if I have had 10 hours sleep, that's about all. The road noise is horrific and it goes on right through the night. There is also a pub opposite and this is also really noisy. I was woken at 4.40 am by the noise outside and it was as if it was the middle if the day. I have stayed in many city centre hotels, In Birmingham and London and I have never experienced anywhere as noisy at this. Not sure if there is anything the hotel can do but if you need any sleep, I would recommend you stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear chrisletrek,

Thank you for the positive comments in that the hotel is very nice and the rooms are comfortable. Your acknowledgment of the staff and their service is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy your visit to its fullest. As you note, we are a city centre hotel and although we are a listed building, we do have the benefit of secondary glazing in the rooms. We have a great number of guests who chose to stay with us on a weekly basis and therefore may be more accustomed.

Perhaps, you may return and we can put you in another room in which you may be more comfortable. Please contact me directly and we will be sure to ensure that you have an excellent stay.

Kind regards,