“Fantastic hotel”

Townhouse Hotel Manchester
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel, we stayed for a long weekend. It was a great location, really lovely room, great food and friendly staff. Chad on Reception was lovely. Many of the staff are very easy on the eye, which is always a bonus.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my partner and my son stopped here on Saturday 27th of July and must say that we had a brilliant time from the moment we checked in, we booked for the evening meal and as soon as we arrived at 7.30 there was a table for us including an high chair for our 2yr old without us even asking. The menu for our child was brilliant and he enjoyed every bit if it!! Me and my partner enjoyed ours too, during our meal we decided that our son was getting a bit restless so we decided to continue with our meal in our room, this was no trouble for the staff.
Are room was very spacious I did ask for this prior to booking and received just that, very nice clean and tidy and of course a nice big comfy bed!
Breakfast was the best brekki I have ever had again catering for us all.
Staff and surroundings were absolutely fantastic and I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family as nothing was too much trouble.
I would like to thank James and Paul Baylis for such a brilliant time and being so well looked after.
Thankyou.

Out Rawcliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very warm welcome, rooms are clean and comfy. Nice big comfy bed with fluffy quilts and pillows, Great location too. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return. Staff are friendly and helpful, a credit to the hotel

wales
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst in Manchester for my sons graduation.Having stayed at the Macdonald hotel situated near Piccadilly our expectations were high.A boutique version of their other hotel,which was superb,can only be better right? Wrong,so disappointed!! Our room was tiny,barely room to move around,no mini-bar or fridge.Measly amount of toiletries in the tiny bathroom.
Service was poor,we asked for ice to chill champagne before going to graduation ceremony,after ringing both room service and reception several times and getting no answer i had to go and seek out a member of staff to again request ice.It eventually appeared after about 20 minutes! Also had issues with the key cards failing to open our door,again needing several visits to reception to resolve the issue.Breakfast was included in the price but Eggs Benedict was an extra £2.50 and in all honesty came way down in my list of places that serve the best Eggs Benedict,in fact Weatherspoons in Fallowfields were far nicer!
We had changed our Tesco clubcard vouchers and used them to pay for the stay,to anyone considering doing this,don't.We ended up paying nearly £200 a night for our stay.
Although we had a very enjoyable weekend at graduation and in Manchester our stay at the Macdonald Townhouse was far from what we expected and overall was a big disappointment

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank karate27
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently visited this hotel and I would to say it is a beautiful hotel, the rooms are very sweet. the bar/lounge/dining area is great. very comfortable with a great atmosphere, great drinks. I would defiantly stay here. thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a base to visit our daughter at the university as well as proximity into the town centre. It was a great location and the accommodation was very spacious for the price, based on my past experience of hotels in Manchester in this area.
The aspect that made this hotel special was the personal service we received. Every member of staff was polite, courteous and responded very quickly to any help we needed.
Good value, good location with excellent clean accommodation and extremely helpful hotel staff make this a good choice.
My only word of caution is that it does get noisy outside, particularly on a Friday and Saturday night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srejtt
Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at the MacDonald hotel on 16th July as a special 15 year wedding anniversary break to see a show.
I'd spent some time looking at hotels and reviews before picking this hotel and glad I did!
What a little gem of a hotel this is. As previous reviews say, the staff are very welcoming.
We arrived early in the day and I'd checked in advance to see whether we could check in early to go on to do some shopping.Throughout the whole process of booking and arranging the couple of days stay, I had the pleasure of dealing with the manager James.
Great guy and a very big thanks for the extra work he did at making this stay as great as it was.
Will be sure to come again and recommend it to everyone. The aircon in the room was a lifesaver in the great summer we're having!

On to the restaurant, and I had again done my checking to see what restaurants were nearby and able to provide a 5pm seating, to allow enough time to get to the theater. Must be honest and say when I saw the 101 Brasserie review, I didn't realize it was actually at our hotel (yes I'm numb!)
Quick email to James had the table booked with time to spare for the walk to the theater. Food and service was exceptional and had the pleasure of James sit with us for a chat.

Staff all well informed and great service.

I termed this hotel the diamond in the rough as when you get through the door to the hotel, you are taken away from the outside world and find yourself in a relaxed comfy hotel, with good food and great service.

Our pleasure in staying with you and some brownie points on the board for me with the wife!

Room Tip: We booked the suite for size and as it was a special occasion. Lounge, bathroom, bedroom - magic!