1,890 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcity centrestreet noisenespresso machineq parkgood sizecooked breakfastafternoon teagreat central locationcomfy bedsaturday nightlovely roomexecutive roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentreception staff
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We only stayed one night and wished we had booked for more. If this is the standard of MacDonald hotels then we will use them again. The staff greeted us warmly on arrival, provided assistance with knowledge on nearby attractions and used our name without being prompted throughout our stay. The room was spacious, clean, warm and the bed extremely comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was delicious, especially the starter of salmon for me and the pork-belly for my husband. The waiters were attentive and helpful but also left us alone to enjoy our meal in peace. If anything, the bar service was slow and seemingly disorganized but maybe it was a bad night as it didn't match the rest of the service. (In fact, the front desk receptionist on seeing we had not been served took the initiative to take our drink order and deliver it to the bar. Very impressive.) Breakfast was also delicious with a good selection of continental offerings and a cooked breakfast option. The hotel is centrally located and close to everything we needed. It is a long time since we have seen staff in Britain taking personal responsibility for service such as we saw here and we will use MacDonald's hotels again on the strength of this if this is how they train their staff.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Halcyontwo
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in the Macdonald Townhouse for a weekend and it would be very hard to find any faults. While it was a standard room the bed was very comfy, bathroom modern, little touches such as water and good tea tray provided and it was very clean. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and the cooked breakfast made to order. If you can get the breakfast included in your deal that would be preferable to save the extra cost. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the central areas of Manchester and a short walk to the tram system. While some have complained about the traffice noise that to me is only to be expected from a city centre position. The staff were at all time attentive and polite. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

i have stayed in this hotel quite a number of times now as I am often in Manchester on business.
The hotel is one of the best I have stayed in on business, the rooms are comfortable and there are several little things like the delicious shortbread, the bottle of water in the room, fresh milk on request and the Arran Aromatic toiletries in the superior rooms that make the stay extra special
The breakfasts deserve a special mention, it is so lovely now to have your breakfast served to you rather htan to have to fetch everything yourself.
The selection is good and the food is very good, though I restrict my self to having a cooked breakfast on Fridays ONLY.
Staff also merit a particular mention as they are great, friendly, helpful and altogether delightful.
Only downside is there is traffic noise and this tends to go on all night as on a busy street, however I have invested in a good pair of earplugs and hear nothing once they are in.
I always stay here if I can and would recommend it highly.ssTAssTAFF aONLYtfRIDAYS ON HE t his dat E g
oHAVE STAYED IN THU

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i have stayed twice at this hotel now and both times have been a treat. The hotel is in a great location and is stylish and well kept. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. But it is the exceptional service that stands out for me with this hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful in every way. As a lone diner they were very attentive and went out of their way to make me a meal that was not on the menu to assist with my special diet. I was not expecting this and was very grateful for their understanding and the care and attention they showed. I will always stay in this hotel now when i go to manchester. Simply fabulous!

Room Tip: higher floors are better simply due to the central location the lower ones can have a bit of traffic noise....not that it interupted my sleep in anyway!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LondonAllie
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to Manchester for a short break and we booked into the Macdonald Townhouse - it was an inspired choice. The room was high quality, the breakfast was excellent and the staff were really friendly. Locared close to City Centre Shopping & Entertainment and within a few minutes walk of Chinatown and Canal Street - we'll definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple