“Very good value”

Ranked #90 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
yorkshire
“Very good value”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Been here a couple of time and will use again great service from staff and food was god value. The room was ok and the bathroom was very good and clean the car parking is excellent the stay was hassle free.

Room Tip: Great value and the rooms are well maintained double room are all ok. Enjoyed the stay no matter whe...
1 Thank wilke12
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

It is so easy for people to tell us when things go wrong but it is always great to receive positive comments and I would like to thank you for adding your comments to Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you have stayed with us many times and do enjoy your stays with us.

Hotel Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Lancashire
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute as a stop over before an early morning flight we arrived in the afternoon because my husband wanted to watch the football. On arrival car park was really full but we learned that this is an airport parking facility which we would use next time but we still managed to find a space. The entrance is very grand but not modern which I liked but might not suit some. The bar area is just off reception and there is a big screen that we could watch the football on. My daughter who is 10 wanted to use the swimming pool which was a nice area but we had to pay to go in which I thought was unusual for a hotel guest - I think it was about £2.70
We booked a family which consisted of a double bed and a single bed and a lovely modern bathroom with a great shower. The room wasn't modern but it was classical/traditional and the beds were comfortable. I cant comment on food etc but I believe they do a buffet for £14.95 in the evening. As a stopover I would definitely stay again . It was about 5 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank HonestLancashire
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

We have over 600 spaces on our car park and at times our car park can be very busy. There is a charge for hotel guests to use our leisure facilities £4.00 per adult, and £2.00 per child.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your bedroom to be comfortable.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

On arrival, we opened into a scenic drive down into the car park which seemed lovely at first. On walking through the front doors I commented on a "grand" appearance although it soon became apparent that did not continue throughout the venue.
I can only compare the experience to falling through a tardis back into the 1980s. The hotels beyond dated looks are in dire need of modernisation; not to mention the jurassic television set I swore was going to greet me with episodes of Knight Rider & Magnum P.I.

I accept that my party may have afforded to grab a cheap deal on our stay, yet I pity any individual having to pay any higher rate.
I wasn't entirely impressed with attitudes from Staff, yet I can somewhat understand their lack of enthusiasm and cheer.

Put simply, if you're looking for a bed and breakfast it will meet your needs but I advise against visiting this hotel for anything more.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Nick S
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I am sorry that you feel that the hotel is in need of modernisation, and I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism, your comments will be taken on board.

Hotel Supervisor

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Monifieth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Me and my good lady were accommodated here during the weekend of the 40 Commando Association reunion, were very pleased to receive a complimentary upgraded to a double suite as part of the good ladies birthday package.
Everyone that attended the Commando reunion were treat with respect and accorded sufficient space to gather during the day(s) as we reminisced.
We took use of the spa area which come free with our weekend package, it is rather dated but was sanitised to a satisfactory standard.
The Cheshire suite was perfectly adorned for our gala dinner and dance.
I am sure that I can speak on behalf of all Royal Marines in attendance by Thanking all of the staff who contributed towards the smooth running of a fabulous weekend.
See you in 2015

Room Tip: This hotel is predominantly used by people who are travelling through Manchester airport, it maybe w...
1 Thank KevinP1314
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel which I will pass on to all of the staff.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor for other potential guests to read.

I look forward to welcoming you back in 2015.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My partner and i recently stayed at this hotel before a flight early the next morning, and we did not get any sleep. It is obvious that wedding guests of this hotel are held in higher regard to those who are staying the night. I was kept awake all night with kids and adults running riot in the hotel. Bad language all night both outside my room and around the hotel, loud music until very late, both in the rooms and downstairs. if they have a wedding why put our room above this disco? Put the wedding guests above it! The clocks went forward that night so i requested a wake up call.......did not recive that either. Luckly the guests were still kicking off enough that i wasnt even asleep. Went to reception in the morning (early hours) to reception staff who didnt care a less! Scruffy and looked un-interested . Didnt expect a lot to be honest, but i at least wanted to sleep. Definitely worth paying a few quid more to stay somewhere better.

Room Tip: DONT GO HERE. If there is a wedding, ask to be as far away as possible
1 Thank 949unknown
I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from a private function and other guests during your recent stay with us.

The Britannia Country House Hotel is a large hotel with 255 bedrooms and extensive Conference & Banqueting facilities and at times can be extremely busy, we do ask guest to be quiet so they do not disturb other guests however some guests can be inconsiderate.

We do want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us, and I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion and for this I apologise.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel might have been a 4 star hotel 10-15 years ago. It seems to be a bit worn out to be nice. :-)
The rooms have seen better days.
It was not very easy to get a smile from the staff members and the restaurant was very dark.
The breakfast was average.

Room Tip: If you need a good room, pick number 48. There are 2 containers outside the window and you wont have...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

It is always good to receive constructive criticism to enable us to improve our standards to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay your comments will be taken on board.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The night before I flew home to Canada I stayed at the Britannia Country House Hotel. 12 of my family and friends drove from the North East to stay the night and we had a reunion party. The hotel were fantastic in hosting us and providing sitting areas in the lounge and in the restaurant where we could all spend time together. The hotel was very reasonably priced and I found it very clean and comfortable and the staff were efficient and friendly. A great hotel in a busy location and we were even able to spend time in the beer garden so the children could run around and play. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel as an airport stopover, only 15 minutes by taxi to the airport, and I will most likely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LouiseAllison

I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to all of our staff.

Hotel Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#66 of 118 in Manchester
The Airport Inn Manchester

Been to Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!