Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
  • Pool
$216
$198
2,828 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for one night prior to going to MIA.
We artrved at approx 3pm and there were 2 members of staff working. Despite there being no queue it still took approx 20mins to get our room key.
Our room was on the top floor and despite another review saying the lifts could only get 1 person and one bag baffles me. Both me and my girlfriend and suitcase easily got into the lift so i can only assume they were either quite overweight or american lol!
We were greeted with a nice spacious room with 4 poster bed and nice size bathroom. Everything was clean so we couldnt grumble.
That evening after we'd been out for a meal we took advantage of their happy hour before having an early night due to checking out at 5am the following day.
Checkout was quick and easy and we were given directions to APH carpark which as previously stated was flawless.
Overall we'd recommend it for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Tyramhall
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

It is so easy for people to tell us when things go wrong but it is always great to receive positive comments I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Britannia Country House Hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Booked as part of a park and fly package with parking at APH nearby, got a really good deal so can't complain about the price, parking with APH was flawless.

On arrival check in was very slow - queued for around 25-30 mins, but once they got an extra person on the front desk queue went down quickly.

First looking at the room it looked really nice, big four poster bed, very spacious room and ensuite with big whirpool bath. Problem on closer inspection was cleanliness, though - the bath when I went to run it had a thick huge scum line around it so I actually had to scrub it twice before I felt comfortable getting in it.

After my bath I was unpacking some clothes and noticed some thing on the floor, I picked it up to discover that it was a huge toenail (honestly about a cm long and 2 cm wide!) - I actually screamed, much to the amusement of my husband!

Last but not least, there was a piece of chewing gum stuck to one of the posts of the bed.

We didn't complain as we were literally in the room about 10 hours before an early morning flight, just to sleep.

The rooms seem like they could be quite nice and are very comfortable, but there is obviously corners being cut on the cleaning.

Room Tip: Choose one without the complimentary toenails and chewing gum ha!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 170,206

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I am sorry that your room had not been cleaned to our usual high standards, I do wish that you had spoken to out duty manager who would have immediately rectified any issues with cleanliness in your room. Or alternatively offered you an alternative room.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights at start and end of holiday for convenience to Manchester Airport. Got a great deal booking on line for a family of 3 dinner bed and breakfast (bottle of wine thrown in the deal) and a weeks parking for 60 quid, a total bargain! The parking at the airport alone would have been as much.
Room really comfortable with Jacuzzi bath, staff very friendly and breakfast excellent. Even included airport transfer there and back.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book and on line deal
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve W

It is so easy for people to tell us when things go wrong but it is always great to receive positive comments and I was pleased to read that you would recommend the Britannia Country House Hotel to others.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

To put this into context my stay here was the result of a cancelled flight, however ....
- the staff on the reception desk appear to be quite disorganised with only one of the 4 milling around behind the desk actually doing something
- rooms are basic and in the case of mine I couldn't find a remote for the TV and the radiators heat up very slowly
- lifts to the rooms carry only on person plus a suitcase and are more like on oversized dumb waiter
- this is a popular venue for weddings and, as a result, the sound of the disco travels upwards to the rooms

On the plus side:
- the staff in the restaurant/bar were very friendly
- the food which had been prepared for us after the normal hours of opening was hot and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank aroprop

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us at the Britannia country house hotel.

I am sorry that you felt that our reception was disorganised. Staff from other departments do at times need to go onto the reception desk for various reasons and I do understand that it does look like they are not helping however they are not trained to assist on check in as they are not reception staff.

We have 255 bedrooms and extensive conference and banqueting facilities and at times the hotel can be extremely busy and I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise

I was pleased to read that you thought the staff were friendly and the food was hot and tasty.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Booked the new year dealt minute, so got a good deal plus with booking on Xmas day, we got a free bottle of wine with the deal.
On booking the break on-line, the web site charged me £6 admin charge which should have been only £2, when i spoke to the hotel about this, they told me that they would give me another bottle of wine, So agreed.
when booking the hotel, There was only twin beds left, So at check in, i asked if i could have a double room and my request was granted.
We did however expect to be having our meals in Jennys, But told we had to eat in the function room with others.
Meal times was Very good with good Hot food and fellow holidays guests was nice too. Only let down was the singer on new years Eve, She told us all that she used to work on the ships, well if i was on a ship with the lady singer, I think i would have jumped overboard on the second night, her patter was really bad, She must have spent 60% of her time talking, She was saying how she sings a Dusty Springfield song for her dad and that she hopes some day he will hear her sing it, well maybe if she stops talking and gets on with the singing, Then he may turn up. The singer's on the 30th and new years day were really good, biggest shame was, they had a singer on at the bar on new years day and he was really good and most people went to see him sing.
Room was a shoe Box with no room and very hot, not the best of view out of the window but Over all we had a good time and will do it again.

Just a note, Its bad practice for bed linen and towels to be left on the floor in the corridors, This we found when we arrived and on the second day.

Room Tip: try and get a room in the main building
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank malct

Thank you so much for your comments following your stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel over the New Year period.

I was pleased to read that when your issues were brought to our attention they were immediately rectified and that you were allocated a double room on your arrival at the hotel. Unfortunately as you made a late booking the only rooms we had available were standard rooms which are smaller than executive rooms.

It is not good practice to leave linen on the floor and I have discussed this with my head housekeeper.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.