Eleven Didsbury Park
$96
$91
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroll top bathsister hoteleclectic villaleafy suburbeclectic hotelsquiet roadbreakfast room isfree standing bathmonsoon showersmall hotelboutique hotellovely boutiquebeautiful hotelfresh milkbreakfast was delicioushome from homegreat shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I booked with the hotel, 11 Didsbury Place to stay in December (18th 2010) misunderstood (my fault) the cancellation drill. The snow arrived and our planning changed. We arranged for our son to come home by train, as he is at Manchester University, proximate to the hotel. We therefore are a potential returning customer, over the next three years subject to Henry completing his first year successfully, we live in hope. I spoke to the manger and explained our position and he resolutely said no refund. I am not one to deny a business it's margin but no compensation was offered, not even stay with us again and we will knock £xx.00 off, or a free drink on arrival. Rather, he offered do not blackmail me with "threats" of negative feedback. I swallowed and accepted the position.
As some-one who likes comfort, and there does not appear to be an hotel nearby (other than one of the same group) that offers same 4 star facilities, we chose to stay last week 8th June at the same place. It is an attractive building, beautifully kitted out with some elegant decor, and operating staff most helpful. All looking good; our room (125) only had dormer windows. I must have fresh air. It deluged with rain all night. My wife was up placing towels on the bed and moving computers, mobile 'phones on charge etc. from the desk area immediately underneath the dormer windows. Wipe out. I asked the manager to review the situation, he duly came to the room to see the position. He commented it had never happened before, perhaps we should have closed the windows. He took no further action, other than a verbal apology. Plus they charge £10.00 for “wifi”.
I do hope they go out of business as soon as possible because the customer service is not where this business is going. So nearly there, but one man is blocking the way forward, he is the manager! I would be delighted to hear back from him or his employers and engage in a debate as to the future of their business!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank simondunn
flossiek, Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

The guest was aware from the review he wrote that he was past the point at which he could cancel the room without charge. All of the information regarding the booking including our cancellation policy was contained within the confirmation letter that we sent out to him at the time of booking.
We are a small business and cancelling without notice would give us little or no opportunity to resell the room and recoup any losses. We are very flexible and we are prepared to use our discretion and to negotiate or waive the charges under certain circumstances. On this occasion the guest attempted to intimidate the Hotel Manager with treats of bad publicity from his P.R. Company and write a negative review on Trip Advisor if charges were not waived.
Secondly I would like to comment on the rain that entered the room. The room occupied by the guest has 2 Velux windows in the roof/ ceiling of the room that are at an angle of approximately 45 degrees in line with the pitch of the roof. These windows can be opened for fresh air but by the nature of their design do rotate through 180 degrees so that the outside pane of glass can be cleaned internally. During the whole weekend there was a deluge of rain as mentioned in the review. I cannot understand why a roof window of this type was left wide open to allow this deluge of rain to soak the room during the night knowing and seeing what the weather conditions were like outside. We are sorry if the guest felt that we were not apologetic enough however I feel it is common sense to close a Velux window particularly one in a pitched roof during heavy rain. As a result of what occurred that night the room which had just been refurbished was out of use for 2 days whilst it dried out, the new Roberts Radio had to be replaced and the new wooden furniture was left with water marks. Once again I am sorry the guest felt we were not apologetic enough.
I am pleased to read the comments that the guest enjoyed the elegant décor and the helpful staff.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I booked a surprise birthday party for my husbands 30th in the hotels walled garden. The hotel was very helpful and accomodating while I was organising the party - they even helped out with the surprise element. Everything went perfectly - the wine was constantly circulated, the food (canapes and BBQ) was amazing and the staff couldn't have been better. Carly was friendly, warm and welcoming and the staff even remembered who the veggie guest was and saved her all the veggie canapes!
We stayed in the Veranda suite which was stunning and great for the guests to watch the Blackool match! The kids adored the garden - they spent most of the party in the hammock. We couldn't have had a better time and I can happily reccommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2016

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I was looking around manchester for a romantic hotel for me and my partner. I came across this one, which looked like it ticked all the boxes of what i was looking for, for us. I booked and Eclectic room which has the bath in the room itself. We arrived early and was greeted at the door. We were able to check in early as our room was ready. Check in was easy and be careful you don't step on the resident house cat. We were shown to our room (room 11), and i was surprised to discover that not only is it the bath in the room itself , but the shower also, which had no privacy to it for those who like to have a shower in private. I'm not sure if all the Eclectic rooms are the same. The room itself was big enough and had the usual tea and coffee facilities, and a minibar which was very expensive. We didn't dive into that, we brought our own.Plus a cd player/ docking station which i liked so we could have music. I was also surprised at how hot the room was and that there was no air conditioning. There was a fan on the ceiling right above the bed that was very noisy, and really only pushed the hot air around the room. I would stay here again but i would check what the room is like prior to turning up as i was slightly disappointed, although my company more than made up for that.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonStuGem

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Stayed in room 12 - don't. It's a box - it cost £150 for the night, was only a normal double bed, the room was the same size as the bed basically, Why oh why they sold it as a deluxe room with the roll-top bath in the room is beyond me - it was a tiny room with a bath crammed in for no reason other than being able to advertise it as such, it was ridiculous - nothing stylish or design-minded about it - purely for the sake of it. The tiny tv squashed away at the back of the room in a corner was unusable and the kettle could only be reached by moving some other furniture out of the way and reaching over a more!I can't even begin to describe how squeezed in the whole room was, what a waste of money.

Breakfast was the next let down - mini croissants pre-filled with tiny slices of cheese and ham - and that was 13.95! unbelievable.

Having had some really pleasant stays at the Didsbury House hotel we thought this would live up to the same reputation but alas a real waste of time money and energy, next time we're staying at the Travel Lodge up the road, at least there'd be room to move around the bed in there!

Really would not recommend this unless you know you're getting a proper room. They have an utter cheek charging what they do for these smaller ones.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MrEInspector

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Overall the Hotel is welcoming, clean and nicely decorated, can’t fault my stay and would happily recommend this Hotel. Arrived mid afternoon to check into one of their classic rooms and was presently suppressed to receive a room upgrade to their suit as the Hotel was not full that evening.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business