“Great atmosphere”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #487 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've eaten here twice, and the atmosphere of the restaurant is really lovely. The service at the bar and the restaurant is great too, I did not feel rushed on either occasion although the restaurant was full and was a weekend. I have not given a 5 as I think they could offer a little more in the way of vegetarian food - but what they do have is very tasty.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visited here for the first time for lunch.
They have an excellent menu with a more varied and tempting choice than most Itallian restaraunts.
The staff were attentive and friendly without being overbearing.
When my food arrived the server had mis-heard my order and the wrong food arrived. They offered to replace it at once when I mentioned this but the only fly in the ointment here was that the waiter insisted that he had brought what I had ordered even though my partner confirmed this wasn't the case. We even heard him telling the other staff that we were wrong and he'd brought the correct food.
This said the quality of the food was excellent and really tasty. Side dishes to go with the mains courses are stupidly expensive. £3.65 for around 10 small pieces of roast potato and £3.95 for around 6 pieces of long stem broccoli.
Overall for 2 main courses , 2 side dishes , two desserts, 2 coffees and a bottle of wine our lunch bill totalled almost £85.
My review may make my experience here sound negative but that is not the case. As long as you go expecting a hefty bill at the end you will probably enjoy a very nice meal.
My main criticism here was the fact that the waiter made a mistake and continued to blame it on me. Overall it marred an otherwise very pleasant experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went on a Friday lunchtime, so it was quite quiet, but a really lovely place to eat.
The food was all excellent and delicious, the staff were really friendly and polite, and despite being pretty empty, it wasn't awkward in the slightest.
The only thing I would say, is that my cousin had the fish and we were quite disappointed by the size of his portion. He had to eat the pasta that his mother left because he was still hungry.
Aside from this though, we were all really full after our meals. The drinks were nice and well presented too. The service was lovely. It was quite expensive though.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Good range of Italian meals, stick with pasta/rice dishes rather than steak or fish, which can occasionally be a bit tough. The risottos are provided in massive portions. Service is very fast, so make sure you don't get rushed; take your time. There is a reward scheme in place across this chain, so do take advantage and get some free grub!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

good reliable italian food and a very well run restaurant. the staff here are very good and well run and the food always of good quality.
also good for a quick drink.
watty