“Great food and service.”
Review of No. 4 Dine & Wine

No. 4 Dine & Wine
Ranked #125 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using as many local suppliers as possible. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The food here was great and the service was very attentive from all staff. It was a bit too quiet for me and did lack atmosphere. However if you want a quiet meal without loud background music or a noisy bar this is an ideal place to visit.

1 Thank Chris1080

“Why haven't I been here before?”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Apparently David Cameron ate here when he came to Manchester. Undeterred by this, we decided to eat there last night with friends to celebrate a legal victory.

I live locally and knew of this place but for some reason had never tried it out. What a mistake to make.

Intimate surroundings. Lovely, friendly staff. Excellent food. I love slightly undercooked liver (I just do, alright?) and was impressed, when I chose this as a main, that I was asked how I liked it cooked. When it arrived it was cooked just to my liking.

Yum.

Well done.

I almost forgive them for feeding that moon-faced Tory idiot as a result.

Almost, but not quite.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ben T
Manchester
“Bright and pleasant”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

There are some great positives about this restaurant: It is a converted old terraced cottage in a side street that looks quaint and inviting from the outside. It is very clean, has a lovely calm atmosphere, the décor is pleasant and the welcoming and friendly staff enhance its charm even more.

The food was well presented: My husband had Seared king scallops followed by Slow roast belly pork which he said was tasty but not over generous. My cod main course was okay but I was not happy with my soup starter. I did not interpret from its description of “Freshly made soup” that it would be tomato soup out of a tin. Although it was nicely presented with croutons etc, I strongly disliked the distinctive tangy taste of tinned tomato soup so had to leave most of it.

Apart from the awful soup, there is nothing wrong with this restaurant - it was just not for us. Including one bottle of beer and the tip the bill came to just over £45.00. For this money we would prefer instead to travel out of the area and visit some of the exceptional pub/restaurants in the beautiful Cheshire countryside.

• Visited March 2014
Nina B, Owner at No. 4 Dine & Wine, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to our restaurant.
We are always happy to receive any constructive comments our customers have.

However, it is insulting for you to suggest that our soup is “out of a tin” all our food is freshly made from bread to desserts, the only thing we do not make is ice cream which we get from Tattenhall dairy. If the soup was not to your liking then fair enough, but we would have been happy to replace it with something else should you have brought this to our attention on the evening.

We pride ourselves on using fresh food bought from local suppliers and have worked hard for over 8 years to build our business on this reputation.

Nina Burton
Proprietor
England
“Excellent value midweek meal - lovely food and staff”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Visited No 4 for the first time on a Weds evening in February. On arriving the restaurant was fairly busy and seemed very cosy and welcoming. We were seated upstairs which was a bit quieter. The tables were well spaced and we were seated at a nice table in the corner.

During the week there's a midweek menu available that's £13.95 for 2 courses and £16.95 for 3 courses which is excellent value. There were 4 choices for each course, including vegetarian options. We opted for chicken liver parfait and corn beef hash to start, both of which were lovely. For the mains we had a Thai red vegetable curry and duck leg. Again both meals were well cooked, very tasty and with good presentation. The portion sizes were good as well, meaning that we shared a dessert of millionaires cheesecake which was lovely.

Including a bottle of Rioja, the bill was just over £50 for 2 people, which we felt was very reasonable for the quality. The service was also great, with very friendly and attentive staff. All in all it was a lovely meal and excellent value. Visiting at the weekend would be more expensive but I think it'd be worth it.

• Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not the best, despite good reviews.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We went here for a special evening encouraged by the previous reviews. Sadly we left feeling somewhat disappointed.

Whilst the staff were welcoming and friendly, the table we were seated at was by a large and noisy group in an over-heated upstairs area.

The food was good quality and well presented but I wouldn't say it was remarkable or exceptional in any way.

A pleasant enough evening albeit not as cosy and special as we had expected from the reviews.

• Visited October 2013