“Fabulous restaurant, great food.”
Review of No. 4 Dine & Wine

No. 4 Dine & Wine
Ranked #105 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using as many local suppliers as possible. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been 3 times now and have always enjoyed the experience. The food is always beautiful and the service us great.

I would recommend booking as it gets very busy and we have been turned away on a number of spur of the moment visits.

Our only problem is we often eat last and they shut early.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I went here on a Friday night with friends. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was warm and cosy. It's set out in a converted house. The decor was nice. I had duck for a main which was tasty. The soft chocolate cake I had for desert was amazing! It's not the cheapest place to eat but well worth splashing out for a treat at this restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Lou856
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last night I had almost the perfect meal for one at No 4, on the cobbled back street in the heart of Didsbury. Warburton Street is a delight to visit in itself but as I wanted a quiet meal whilst I awaited important developments this was ideal.

First of all, the areas for improvement - which are tiny. Boddington's Beer should be served cool-ish, not cold and next time can I not sit next to a guy talking about his 35 stone mate and his weight loss plan? This is not ideal listening when you're tucking into a steak!

I started with the corned beef hash. This must have been good as the diner on my other side had it for starter AND dessert.

My rib eye steak, with green beans, chips and pepper corn sauce was mouth wateringly good and doubly so as this was being funded by a Premium Bond win.

The service was quick but not obtrusive and the atmosphere lovely and relaxed.

I paid a total of £35 which gave me change from my £50 Premium Bond win to go off and buy a round at The Fletcher Moss. And worth it? Yes - I would say so by comparison with what's on offer in the rest of Didsbury.

2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited on a Saturday night after making a booking. We were welcomed on entering, our coats were taken and we were shown immediately to our table. Our drinks order was taken and drinks plus table water delivered quickly.
Following our food order being taken we were told one of the items had been withdrawn from the menu and one of our party was asked to choose again this was done apologetically and without pressure to choose too quickly.
Starters arrived all looked and tasted delicious followed by freshly cooked main courses which obviously contained good quality ingredients.
No room for dessert but coffee was taken with complimentary homemade chocolate truffles.
£130 for our meal plus a bottle of wine and tip.

1  Thank Beejay45Brighouse
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went to No 4 on Wednesday 11th April to see if the place lived up to it's TripAdvisor ratings. Arrived early and were seated immediately. Decided to have the set weekday Menu deal which was good value for the choice and quality. The Pate and Chicken Pie were excellent , but the Coup d'Grace was definitely the Crepe Suzette desert!! I still have to say that the highlight for me was also the reasonably priced 2010 Marlborough Sav Blanc. Service was great, ambience nice and food excellent. A long 90 mile round trip but we will definitely come again. Thanks to all concerned.

2  Thank Oscarwildetime