“A real gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of No. 4 Dine & Wine

No. 4 Dine & Wine
Ranked #116 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using as many local suppliers as possible. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
“A real gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Another fantastic meal at No.4! A group of 5 of us had dinner on Friday night here. The service was soo friendly and the food was excellent. We were able to take our time and enjoyed a great evening. The restaurant is peaceful with no loud music but just the buzz of conversation keeps the atmosphere going. It is also comparatively better value than similar restaurants in the area.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“good - but not quite on the mark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked for a romantic Friday night dinner, the place was busy and had a nice, if a little bland, atmosphere.
Service was nothing special - nothing wrong, but I didn't feel there was much effort being put into it, and we weren't checked up on through the night.

The food was fine, though nothing to rave about.
After reading the reviews here I had the scallop starter - overall it was a nice dish, but the scallops themselves had very little flavour, nor did the puree accompaniment. It needed the bacon to make it nice, it tasted like bacon and it tasted like nice bacon. but it was bacon.

The rest of the meal was nice, but nothing special - I had a risotto which had a slightly odd texture I couldn't quite put my finger on. My partner had the liver which was probably the nicest thing we had. For the life of me I can't remember what either of us had for dessert, which probably says it all.

The wine wasn't very good, and I had a bellini to start which wasn't great somehow (odd brand of peach??

Because it is very close to where we live I'd no doubt go again at some point, and to give it another go as I'd felt like it should/could be better. But I wouldn't rave about it, I'm afraid.

1 Thank InherentWanderers
Stockport, United Kingdom
“What a gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived here by mistake but what a delight. menu food and service excellent and chocolate truffles to die for.

Visited October 2012
“By far my favourite restaurant in didsbury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Have been to No. 4 on numerous occasions, and must say that I love this place! Cosy downstairs dining area in a small converted house, so it never feels cramped, despite never being empty (can't comment on the upstairs though)! The food has always been sumptuous home cooked feel, with good sized portions. And a bonus with lovely chocolate treats with coffee or your bill!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“High quality well cooked food - class act”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited here based on other Trip Advisor reviews. Was to celebrate a 21st birthday so wanted something special. Although the restaurant is quite small they comfortably accommodated 9 people. We had a good view of the kitchen which only enhanced our experience and was not in any way obtrusive. The restaurant was busy, which is always a good sign, and had a lively atmosphere. The menu although not extensive, had a good variety on all courses, more than enough to suit our needs without being pretentious.As there were 9 of us we tried a lot of the options and without exception everyone's food was of high quality, well presented and delicious! Of particular note were the scallops, the cod main course and the after 8 mint cheese cake. The service was friendly and attentive. Would have no hesitation in recommending or visiting again and we loved the outside fairy lights!