“Secret. Shhhhh don't tell anyone.”
Review of No. 4 Dine & Wine

No. 4 Dine & Wine
Ranked #127 of 2,274 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using as many local suppliers as possible. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
Chadderton, United Kingdom
“Secret. Shhhhh don't tell anyone.”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Simply great. Must try it and avoid the normal rubbish chains.

Brussels, Belgium
“early evening fixed price menu offers really good value”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant down a quiet side street where the early evening fixed price menu offers really good quality and value. We ate a brilliant meal on a miserable Thursday evening and the place was quite full. The serving staff are great; knowledgeable about food and keen to help without being intrusive. Its best to come in a small car with loose change as parking can be a bit of a lottery in the general area .. and the nearby car parks have demon wardens if you don’t buy tickets.

Visited February 2012
Manchester
“No.4 is No.1 in Didsbury”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Known about this place for a while but never went as we always went to Jem & I. Not happy with recent visits to jem & I so decided at last to try No.4. I can't beleive what we have been missing out on all this time. Absolutely fantastic!! Food beautifully cooked and full of flavour. So much on the menu that I wanted to try and I'll be back again soon to do so. Lovely setting as well, very relaxed and friendly. Also very reasonably priced. No4 is No1.

Visited February 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hidden restaurant”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Laying off the main road, this hidden gem is an amazing find. The quality of the food is very high and delicious.

The atmosphere is lovely and modern, and the service was always with a smile.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Pukai w
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Top restaurant, great food - a hidden gem”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I ate here with my partner and our friend and can honestly say it was one of the best meals we've had for a long time. The restaurant is cosy, being as it is in a converted terraced cottage. I love the fact that there is a large opening into the kitchen and if you're conveniently placed you can see your food being prepared.

For staters I had the chicken liver brushetta with leeks, Madiera, pine nuts and sweet chilli sauce, my partner had tempura battered tiger prawns with baby gem lettuce, Caesar dressing and shaved Parmesan, and my friend had the Scottish oak smoked salmon on warm potato cake (well he is Scottish!). We each tried the others' and agreed that they were all very good indeed.

For the main course I had the roast rump of lamb with hot potatoes, minted peas and leeks and redcurrant sauce, my parter had grilled sea bass fillet on Morcambe Bay shrimp and garden pea risotto, and our friend had the pan fried calves liver, smoked bacon rashers, sauted spinach, creamy mash and onion rings. Once again, each dish was delicious and cooked to perfection.

For dessert I had the white chocolate brulee tart with raspberry ripple ice cream (I watched it being 'bruleed'!), my partner had the ice cream, and our friend had the Banoffee pie. An excellent end to a fulfilling meal.

Given the high quality of both the food and the service, the prices were very reasonable, with starters ranging from £4.25 to £7.95, dinner mains from £10.95 to the £18.95 sirloin, and desserts from £5.75 to £6.95.

We had a fantastic evening of fine food and will certainly be returning in future.

• Visited January 2012