“Best Indian/Nepalese food in Manchester by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jai Kathmandu

Jai Kathmandu
Ranked #498 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Nepali
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Indian/Nepalese food in Manchester by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Jai Kathmandu last Thursday with my ex manager and a work mate and it was as usual busy and bustling. I've been coming here for nearly 20 years and the one thing it guarantees is excellent superior cuisine every single time! It is family run and most of the staff are related or sons of the owners who are actually the chefs, hence it feels warm and friendly unlike many places I could mention. Whilst it serves the usual Indian dishes, all of which are excwllent, The Nepalese food is what you should try and I urge you to order the Momos, Chicken Chille, Chicken Choyla and the Nepalese Mix Grill, your life will not be the same afterwards! Fact. I take not only my wife and relatives and friends to the Jai, but also my work colleagues and business associates to share the wonderful food. There are places that look trendier and are more expensive but I've seen them come and go, this place has been around for 25 years for good reason.

Oh and there is an older Nepalese gent wearing a Nepalese hat and serves with a colourful style, but I've always found him indearing and enjoy his service and good humour.

So my review would urge you to make a visit and not miss out on an almost hidden gem!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Jai Kathmandu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went here once,place was full so me and my wife had to sit on really small table in middle of restaurant felt like we couldn't move.Food was average compared with sher Akbar next door. Look out for the mad old waiter in there wears a hat and runs up & down restaurant with his trolley he's good comedy value.

• Visited April 2012
“Jai Kathmandu - the best halal Nepalese/Indian restaurant in Manchester!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Exceptional customer service, delicious food, authentic Nepalese décor and reasonably priced food.From the moment you step in you are greeted with warmth, professionalism and attention to detail. I have been a loyal customer at the Jai Kathmandu for the last 18 years have never been disappointed. I recently visited the restaurant with my family on a busy Saturday evening and was greeted by the staff and management.
As one the previous reviews states, I concur it is the best kept secret in Manchester. Often visited by celebrities it has never lost its charm or vision to provide its customers with the best dining experience.
The Jai Kathmandu Nepalese/Indian restaurant is a family business located in Northenden, Manchester approximately 10 minutes from the Curry Mile. It offers the most delicious halal Nepalese and Indian food you could ever desire. .
We ordered the amazing Chicken Chilli, Spicy Lamb Karahi, Tandoori King Prawns, Vegetable Pilao and Chefs Special Aloo Chilli. I cannot thank the chefs enough for producing such mouth watering dishes. We ended our meal with a refreshing Pistachio Kulfi (ice-cream).
Wheel chair and access for push chairs is limited, although I would recommend that you call the management for further information and details. The large function room on the first floor can accommodate approximately 40 people. Expect to pay an average of 60 - 80 pounds for a party of four excluding drinks and tips. Parking bays are located opposite the restaurant but please check the meters for times and prices. Simply the best and deserves to be number one on the Manchester restaurant scene. Will return with more friends and family soon. :)

1 Thank Lil_Miss_Sunshine75
Manchester, United Kingdom
“YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family have been going to the Jai Kathmandu on a regular basis for over 15 years.
The restaurant is one of Manchester's HIDDEN GEM'S. They serve better and more consistent food than the vast majority of restaurants found in nearby West didsbury, Didsbury, Chorlton and Rusholme (the Curry Mile). The food is well spiced rather than over chilli-hot and each dish is PACKED FULL OF FLAVOUR

I recommend
STARTER: Nepalese Mix Grill (2 can share)
MAIN: Chilli Chicken, Karahi Lamb Chops, Lamb Karahi & Daal
BEVERAGE: Gurkha Beer

I PROMISE - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“What a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We came in for a late meal on a Sunday night and had one of the most unexpectedly lovely evenings. This welcoming restaurant had a mixture of couples and a party of local friends who were celebrating a birthday and everyone was treated like part of a big family - just a lovely, inclusive and happy place.

The food was excellent and much more authentic than other places we have eaten. The dishes are delicately flavoured and reasonably priced.

The restaurant has competition from a variety of different ethnic restaurants but it looked like it has a good regular following. For us, we can't wait to return and bring friends.