5,709 results
All reviews mr coopers afternoon tea q hotels octagon lounge beautiful hotel superior room fantastic stay mini bar reception area central manchester saturday night lovely room city centre cooked breakfast stayed for one night member of staff midlands
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful hotel with lovely rooms, delicious breakfast and friendly staff. The lobby is very spacious and the scale of the entire building is impressive. The location is perfect for weekend getaways or conferences at Manchester Convention Complex.

The bars, dining areas and spa are impeccably presented and definitely worth a visit. I stayed here with work but will be back for a weekend with friends for sure !

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
eyale16, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear L1954YPjenm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community!

Your comments are much appreciated and although this time visiting was for business, I'm pleased to see you will be returning on a leisurely basis and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed a couple of nights at The Midland. I had a lovely big spacious room. It was overlooking the central part of the hotel, so the views were awful, but it was quite so I got a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good, I did like I could order "proper" coffee such as an espresso, but slightly disappointed that the poached eggs were just reheated rather than cooked to order. Otherwise a nice selection of breakfast items. Warm welcome and nice service from the reception staff.

Room Tip: The rooms with the worst views are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Dear James C,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay, I'm pleased to see you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. I'm sorry to see your comment regarding your received eggs at breakfast, please be assured this feedback has been shared with those relevant.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Midland in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is traditional, the lobby is beautiful but the meeting rooms and bedrooms are a bit dated.
It was a very expensive rate for a Thursday night considering the rooms are a bit run down.
The thing that made me give the hotel a 4 is the spa.
It’s beautiful. It’s got a pink Himalayan rock salt wall within the sauna, decent sized steam room. Decor is modern and very clean. Great showers within the changing areas. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.
The staff in the hotel and friendly but the drinks are overpriced.
I’d stay again with the girls if I got a deal.
I love Manchester.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Dear justgael,

Thank you for a detailed and fair evaluation of your stay, your constructive and valuable comments are very much appreciated.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Midland for another stay in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here because I knew the location was great for shopping and I also wanted a hotel with a pool but unfortunately didn’t end up using it. The checkin was slight,y disappointing in that they had no record that breakfast was included in the rate but this was sorted when I forwarded the confirmation. They also accommodated a later check out that was appreciated. The room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was ok but for the price would have liked a rainfall shower. Breakfast was very good. No parking is a bit of an issue. Overall very good but will there are probably similar standard of hotels for less money that I would probably choose next time.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled solo

Dear sarah10123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience, your comments are much appreciated. I apologise that there appeared to be an initial misunderstanding over your bed and breakfast rate, however pleased to see it was resolved.

Despite your comments about choosing another hotel in the city on a future stay, I do hope you might reconsider at some stay and give The Midland another chance.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked as a present for my wife, afternoon tea for two.She used the voucher, today, Sunday 14th October,for herself and our daughter.As they were 40 minutes early they were told to take a seat in the bar and they would be advised when their table was ready.They decided to have a Brockmans gin and a coffee.They waited for approx 30 mins to be served.The gin was advertised as coming with mixed fruits.When it arrived there were just two raspberries therein.Most disappointing having had Brockmans before with at least 4/5 mixed fruits.After 50 minutes, and as they had not heard anything they sought out staff who brought them to the table.Once there they waited for ages before being served and heard two other groups complaining of the slow service.While the quality of the food was good they were most disappointed with the poor service and delays.A performance such as this should not be acceptable to a hotel of the standing of the Midland..... John Walsh,Cheshire.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank wallerwalsh

Dear wallerwalsh,

I'm very sorry to read of your recent experience regarding the Lounge and Tea Room, I apologise that certain aspects of the service failed to meet your expectations. Sunday 14th of October was a particularly busy day for the departments, however this doesn't justify the jeopardised quality of products and poorer level of service. Please be assured your valuable comments have been fed back to the relevant managers and I hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, offering us the chance of restoring your faith in the quality of The Midland.