“Another great stay”

Ranked #14 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Foulridge, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at The Midland and for the 2nd time we had a wonderful stay. Easy check in, helpful and friendly staff and a very nice room with a comfortable bed. Breakfast in the morning was very tasty and plenty of choice. We stayed for the Christmas markets which are very good and very close to the hotel. Overall a very good stay and would go back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear loz626,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed your second stay with us and that the location of the hotel suited your exploration of Manchester's famous Christmas Markets.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have been staying at the Midland one or two nights most weeks for the past year on business. The experience is always superb. Check-in is efficient (especially if you join the queue-jump which means your card is ready in an envelope which they just hand over), room service is prompt and the rooms are always really well presented and maintained during your stay. To top it all off, this week there was a hand-written Xmas card and a bottle of wine waiting for me in my room (I'm guessing they do this for their regular customers, but gestures like this go a long way). I anticipate contunuing to need to travel to Manchester every week for the next 12-18 months and the Midland will continue to be my first-choice of places to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris G
Dear Chris G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read how consistently great you have found the hotel and the service we offer - I hope you will enjoy your bottle of wine over the festive period and think of it as a thank you for your continued patronage of The Midland.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed during December to attend the theatre and Christmas Markets, hotel was in perfect location for both! Room was spotless clean and very comfortable! Breakfast was fantastic with lots of choice! The hotel had a lovely Christmassy feel with a fabulous Christmas tree and smelt gorgeous as you walked into reception.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank joeaton
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear joholidayManchester,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit to Manchester and found the hotel's location convenient for your purposes. I will pass on your compliments regarding the cleanliness to our Head Housekeeper and hope you will come to visit us again (before next Christmas!)

Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have an annual sportmans dinner in Manchester each Christmas and for past 3 years my partner and little girl join me but not for the Sportmans dinner. We return to the Midland each year as the rooms are clean, tidy and spacious. My little girl loves the facilities and the pool. It is satisfying to know that as i am having a tough time my girls are having a great time. One of the main reasons we return each year is the staff. They are warm and friendly throughout especially on reception where nothing is too much trouble. Just the little things like staff delivering complimentary warm milk for our little girl at night means it makes it easier all around for us. I never make breakfast but I am told it is pleasant and plentiful.
We will be back next year but have decided to book a additional weekend city break at the Midland so I can actually enjoy the facilities this time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NGNGNGNGNG
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear NGNGNGNGNG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I'm pleased to note that you have found the service across the hotel consistent throughout your several visits.

It's great to read that you'll be able to enjoy yourself more on your next weekend visit - I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Midland hotel Services amazing Loving the new the cocktail bar Don't even have to go out of the hotel to have a good night Excellent food Especially the breakfast plenty of choice.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Noz174
Dear Noz174,

Thank you for taking the time to write another excellent review of your stay at The Midland. It's great that you have found our service so consistent and I will pass your compliments onto the team at Mr. Cooper's House & Garden.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting the Christmas Markets & Arndale Centre. The hotel is ideally located - we went by train and from Piccadilly Stn just a very short tram ride on the excellent Metro link took us almost to the foyer entrance ! Everything thereafter was within very easy walking distance for all our needs.
The hotel ? Superb entrance, very pleasant & helpful staff, and our "Superior" room was clean, spacious and well furnished, although to be honest, have stayed in more luxurious surroundings .
The breakfast was not as good as others have said, in our opinion, being lukewarm, and the area around the buffet food warmers was messy from serving spoon deposits spilling onto the table cloths - the food was edible, but not up to the expected standard for such a prestigious hotel.
In summary, a glorious building rich in heritage, superb staff at all levels, in a splendid location, but better quality and presentation of breakfast would enhance the experience further.
JKW

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JKW11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read some great comments regarding the hotel facilities., staff and location.

I'm sorry that the breakfast did not live up to your expectations and I will pass your observations onto Jose, our Breakfast Manager so that he can make improvements where possible.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Yorkshire
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Have stayed a couple of times here now, and have been impressed on both occasions. Check-in is always cheerful and efficient, Jennifer being our recent receptionist. On this occasion our room was on the mezzanine level, which was great as it was very accessible for the cocktail lounge!!! The room was very clean with a superbly comfortable bed, great big screen TV and a a nicely appointed bathroom with complimentary toiletries. A slight niggle would be that our window was high set and difficult to see out of, but nothing to really worry about. Breakfast was excellent, a great choice of food served buffet style, and this is the only place I have ever stayed where you only need to put your bread in the toaster for one pass!!! I was particularly pleased that there was a little shelf that had lots of different condiments on it, including my favourite Tabasco sauce, which I liberally sprinkled over my very freshly-scrambled eggs! It is not often that I have seen this attention to detail for breakfast offered, so full marks! We both so enjoyed our breakfast that we thought an extra slice of toast in order, so as we left together to play with the machine (!) our table was cleared when we returned!! The staff were terribly apologetic and the table was immediately relaid and fresh coffee delivered, we saw the funny side and mention it only to highlight the efficient and attentive service! Enjoying cocktails in evening was great fun as the hotel has a wonderful atmosphere. For a very pleasant stay in a hotel that is in the heart of all that Manchester has to offer, the Midland is impressive, and we will definitely stay again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Mezzanine level is so handy!!