“Great place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Sint Anthonis, The Netherlands
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Right in the centre of Manchester, walking distance from Manchester central conference venue. Ideal for business or city break. Free wifi and speed was good. Walking distance to plenty restaurants. Parking across road about 19 gb per night

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear TheFrankens,

Thank you for your review of The Midland. I hope that you enjoyed your stay and that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Michael Magrane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by a member of the Midland Hotel staff. The gentleman was professional, approachable and helpful. He explained the Valet Parking, took the car keys and allowed us to 'check in' stress free. The Foyer to the hotel is impressive and with a lovely sense of welcoming. Although the Hotel was busy we were 'checked in' and on our way to our room very quickly . The room were of a high standard and meet our expectations. We had a drink in the bar before we went out for the night, we were served well by the Bar Staff and we spent an enjoyable hour just 'people watching' as they entered and left the hotel. It was nice just to absorb the hotel atmosphere. Unfortunately the Breakfast Room was not available, due to refurbishments, so we took our Breakfast in our room.Breakfast choice was varied and delivered on time.The car was returned to the front of the hotel at the time requested . All in all we enjoyed our stay and will be back next time we are in Manchester.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveLytham
Dear SteveLytham,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience at the hotel and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Watford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have you ever heard of a 4 Star hotel where you can't get breakfast? No? Well you have now. I paid £200 a night and my booking never stated that breakfast wasn't included, but then again it didn't say it was so I'll take that as an oversight on my part. However, when I said I'll pay extra for breakfast I was refused as was my guest. I wasn't even offered a coffee and the staff couldn't care less. I've been a customer of Q Hotels for many years. I'm now an ex-customer!

Room Tip: Don't bother asking staff for help here as they seem disinterested in the quality of their guest...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard T
Dear Richard T

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at The Midland. I would like to apologise for your disappointing experience at the hotel and ask if you would be able to contact our Hotel Manager, Yann Guguen on 0161 236 3333 or at yguguen@qhotels.co.uk to discuss your experience further.

Newton, MA
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The front desk was beyond friendly answering our questions about heading to a ManU game (even though we were Chelsea fans!). The concierge was fantastic pointing us to the right restaurant for our taste (Old Alberts Chop House) and letting me borrow an adapter without even knowing our room number or who I was. Really quite a nice staff.

The outside is grand and the inside is a mixture of old and updated. I cannot judge the general rooms since we had a two twin room (traveling with teenager). The room was large and updated. The place was clean (sheets bath,...) though it could have used a dusting. Seems like it isn't used that often yet the front desk knew there was a bulb out in the room and someone would be up to fix it. We really only slept there so we did not bother to tell the staff about the dust. Noise level was minimal which was a plus for a busy hotel.

I'd suggest this hotel for the location (tram across the street), the efficient and kind staff, and the overall atmosphere. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HitTheRoaders
Dear HitTheRoaders

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding the team are appreciated and will be shared with them.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Midlands
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent a night away and a lovely day out in Mancester. One of the best check in, check outs I have ever known. I loved the room and pool.
I couldn't have breakfast. I was given a map of Mancester and help with directions to the airport..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear MidlandsJustine

Thank you for your review of The Midland. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed one night last Friday. Started in the lounge where one waitress seemed to have tunnel vision and ignored us, then started fiddling about on her iPhone. Eventually served by a different waitress (after 5 minutes). We dined in the French of which I have already reviewed previously. We were offered an upgrade on our room for a modest thirty odd quid to a suite which was well worth doing. Breakfast was we now understand served in a temporary location. We were guided to a large table for ten or so and declined this insisting on a table for two which we were given. Making small talk with people I do not know and will never see again first thing in the morning has never been a forte of mine. We asked for tea and coffee which the waitress immediately brought. Unfortunately the tea was look warm and the coffee was verging on cold. A different waiter replaced these. We then opted for the hot buffet which was served on stone cold plates. When we enquired about the fried eggs we were told that we would have to order those from the waitress. Needless to say these arrived some time after we had finished eating. I would have opted for the cold cuts and cheese. However these were left on a table uncovered and unrefrigerated and with not much choice. Perhaps when the refurbs are complete things will improve. For now though I would suggest waiting a while before staying.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill W
Dear Bill W

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for your feedback regarding the lounge and breakfast service, I will ensure that your comments are shared with these teams so that the issues which you have raised can be addressed.

Berkeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean, posher than my usual uk haunts and just that little bit special for the money. Internet connected tv in room and free wifi. Usually stay holiday inn. Better here and central for restaurants, pubs and nightlife. Despite that hotel is very quiet. Would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear A K

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm pleased that you had such and enjoyable visit and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.