6,108 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight staypark and flyfamily roomone night staychecking incheck in was quickgood nights sleep
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Have stayed at Crowne Plaza for last 4 years, but this beats it hands down on everything, including the price. From check in to breakfast (which by the way is one of the best we've ever had - and it's only £9.50), the service and staff are excellent. The snack and restaurant menus are varied and reasonably priced, and the food is very good. We stayed on a Park & Fly package and needed an extra night, which is only £5, compared to anything from £12 - £18 at other hotels. The Shuttle Service is also excellent. We went to Reception about 20 minutes before we had to leave, as at the time we were leaving there wasn't a great deal of demand, so we were told we didn't have to book. On our return, we rang the number and they were at the terminal in 10 minutes. Also, they still offer smoking rooms, which I think is a great idea.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The hotel was pretty decent - comfortable, clean, huge rooms and lovely bathroom. My only criticism was the airport transfer. They picked us up from the train station ok, and then we booked a specific minibus to take us back to the terminal in the morning with reception. In the morning it was utter chaos. No one had thought to check that people were getting on the right bus. We ended up half an hour late as we were turfed off one bus by an old woman (who I watched sneak on while I was telling my partner to be quick getting on our bus, she stole my seat!) and then had to queue to get on another. Really really frustrating, especially as it was freezing cold. I beg the hotel staff to do some form of register to stop people pushing in when they hadn't had the foresight to book ahead!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Purplepiggy
ManchesterAlly, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, as it is through comments such as these that we can improve the services that we offer, as you mention we do ask that our guest book a place on the shuttle for the morning as this is how we monitor the demand and bring in back up transport when the need is greater than we can manage, your comments have been passed over to our Transport Manager to address and I again thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

This hotel is fairly comfortable and very convenient for the airport. It's fine if you just want to arrive late in the evening for an early-morning flight, so I'd stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Prompt pick up from the airport using the curtesy bus. Room was clean and comfortable. Had very nice meal in the restaurant, and on a separate trip enjoyed a wholesome snack in the bar. Was able to leave bags when I went to Trafford Centre before my flight home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Lovely, really comfortable and beautifully furnished, clean hotel with everything you need.Room service, lots of sitting lounges, bright bar with nice staff and lots of good food available. Would certainly not use any other Manchester Airport hotel - BUT- check-in and check out extremely slow - always queues, and it would be really nice if the receptionists would treat the guest as a person, not just a number to be got rid of, and even occaisionally SMILE. (perhaps I was just unlucky!)
Fabulous bedroom with tea-making etc., and really blissful bed. Good complementary transfer to airport. Dont hesitate to book this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo