“Poor” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Miami Beach, Florida
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Dirty room in older part of hotel. Terrible service in the bar area - had to intuitively know when my disgusting sandwich was ready and go pick it up myself. Breakfast was a sloppy buffet as opposed to freshly made. The front desk was efficient and changed my room when I mentioned I had a problem with the one I was in. This is a tired worn out hotel (except the new wing) lacking in warmth and service. Good for a quick over night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

Upon arrival of around 1am we were greeted with an abrupt attitude of "What are you doing here? ... Checking in?" as we were waiting for all our small group to arrive and sorting out luggage. Whilst we were being checked in the guy on reception didnt say a single word to us, didnt give us any info on the hotel or inform us of breakfast, check out times or anything. His attitude was terrible and was one of 'couldnt care less'. Upon checkout the next day, the woman on reception pretty much had the same attitude. I will not be returning to this hotel again and would recommend people to look elsewhere!
Other than the staff, the room was clean for a nights sleep. Although we did book 2rooms. 1 for 3adults and 1 for 2adults (no couples inour group). They told us the rooms were different but both rooms had a double bed only - therefore someone had to share a bed. We did not report this as the guy on reception seemed unhelpful and uncaring anyway and it was late and we had to get up early the next day for a long 4hour drive home. Disappointing for the money paid.

• Stayed November 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Camacho87
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

We booked 2 rooms at Bewleys as we were flying the following morning and got a good deal at £50 per person for bed breakfast and evening meal. Ive stayed in plenty of airport hotels and this one was by far the best, check in was friendly and quick, the rooms were very high quality and had everything in that you needed, and the food both breakfast and dinner were perfect, We spoke to a few people that were from nearby hotels and prefered to eat and drink in this one.
The hotels very close to the airport but its better to get on the courtesy bus.
Overall I would definitly stay again, Thanks Bewleys for a lovely start to our holiday!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

Bewleys at Manchester Airport:"Boon for a Business Traveller"
Date: 18 November 2010
I booked this hotel online at last moment and got a great deal.

Being a business traveller i have visited to many a places but Bewleys is most convenient in terms of location. For a business traveller it is blessing in disuise when after day long work once you check in hotel you can find convenience of getting all kinds of transport. from bewleeys manchester city centre- trafford centre is located just 15 minutes away. Shopping at trafford and then once you get back to hotel. You get impeccable service of internet and morning breakfast was amaxing.
Lastly not to forget the price deal what i got for this hotel was amazing.

Next time when i plan to vist with family i would opt for this hotel and the rooms which were spacious and comfottable.

Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

Arrived via the airport railway station and actually walked to the hotel. While it was close enough there a couple of busy roads and roundabouts to negotiate so best to call the complimentary transfer bus.
Check in was quick and easy and our room was ready bang on the 2pm check in time. Hotel is well laid out, very busy and clearly geared to single night stays. Our room faced the rear and the railway line but we heard no noise at all. We did not eat in the hotel but found bar prices average.
Room clean modern and spacious with everything you needed. Transfer bus in morning was on time pleasant driver and a really quick transfer to terminal one saw us off to a great start to holiday.
Pretty basic review this, essentially a great value stay in a great location we would recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LBurnie
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

This was my first visit here and stayed for one night.Very convenient to Terminal 3 and garage the other side of the hotel very handy as I always find there is never enough milk in the little containers! I don't think I will have a meal in the restaurant although it was very nice a tad expensive. The rooms were lovely and warm and was very impressed with the soundproof I couldn't hear the aeroplanes take off or land.Although there was a shuttle service free of charge to all the terminals we chose to walk to the terminal we wanted, it bearly took 5mins. I would not hessitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010
Bournemouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

The hotel is very well positioned for the terminals and the station into the city centre. I arrived at Terminal 3 and phoned from the courtesy phone and was picked up by the free shuttle bus after about a 5 minute wait. No problem checking in at about 5.30 pm although there were long queues a bit later. The room & bathroom were OK & clean - similar to Jury or Premier Inns. However the room had a slight smell of damp which I pointed out to reception via the room phone. They were very busy at this time but gave me another key card when I went down there so that I could leave the heater in the room on while I was out for the evening (you need the key card to work the electrics). They didn't offer to move me (but I didn't really push it) and I got the impression that they wern't surprised by this observation - the receptionist said something like "the heating probably hasn't been on in there for a few days". This made the room very warm in the night but as it is so near the airport and a main road it wasn't really an option to leave the window open as well but it was OK. I think my wife would have had more to say to them if she'd been with me!
I went out for the evening so didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel & didn't eat there at all. I had a drink in the bar which was OK - large and functional with Sky Sports. I walked to the station (6 or 7 minutes) to go into the city centre for a meeting in the evening and the same when I returned at about midnight but could have got taken and picked up by the shuttle if I'd wanted.
In the morning checking out was easy and I got a shuttle bus straightaway to Terminal 1.
The staff at reception & in the bar were generally pleasant & polite.
It suited me for what I wanted which was a bed for an overnight stay at the airport and I'd probably use it again on business because of its location and the very good shuttle service to the airport terminals but maybe not if I was with my family.

2 Thank Saint7650