Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
5,679 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight stayfamily roomone night staycheck in was quickchecking ingood nights sleepbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Had a problem at check-in where they advised us they hadn't took the payment for our rooms (2) when we booked. Apparently this is standard practise, but we couldnt confirm it with our bank., (and hadnt checked beforehand...our fault)

The hotel is nice. Staff are pleasant. The only 'complaint' I had was that the carpets, although obviously clean, were littered a bit. I put that down to it being late in the evening (plus the hotel was busy).

The bar/restaurant area is nice and clean. The bar closed at 12 which was a little disappointing, but hey if you didnt have an earlier start you wouldnt be staying here.

I will definitely stay here again if I am forced (freakin supplements for flying from Scotland!) to fly from here again.

If money was no object, I would try the Radisson just to see if it was better.

You WILL enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Caltonian
Reviewed May 29, 2007

The review just before mine is dead on so I won't repeat but provide additional points. I've heard you can walk to the hotel from the airport but the roads look confusing so I stuck with the shuttle- you can call from the blue phone in the terminal or from your cell phone, it takes about 10 minutes.

Upon arriving at the hotel you'll notice a new looking tower and an older looking 3 story portion. My photos are from a room in the tower, I'm guessing the other pictures on this site are from a room in the other side, both look very nice. Rooms were amazingly clean and fresh, what a relaxing refresing pleasure. Internet was free, fast and easy to use. Service was friendly and welcoming.

There is a lot of public space in the lobby for working, relaxing or having a drink. I had 3 meals at the hotel- breakfast buffet was quite nice, lunch was limited menu but good, dinner I was not as impressed as the previous writer (I had the fish and chips, obviously should have had a steak) but it was still much better than standard budget hotel food.

Overall, this hotel is a good value, allows you to do work and relax and very convenient to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank traveler223
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Booking at Bewley's was straightforward, although their own website was apparently down on two of my three attempts. I thought that at £79 per night for a room, this hotel compared favourably to other chains with a more overtly budget manifesto.

On arrival, the exterior of the hotel seemed large, new and very clean. The reception area was shiny and pleasant, and check-in went smoothly. Within ten minutes of arriving I was in my room on the first floor, which contained a double bed and settee (presumably a sofabed for use by families). This was very nice for lounging around on and reading my book before dinner! The room was pleasantly decorated and spotless, with crisp white bed linen and no strange odours. Generous tea and coffee making facilities were provided; Bewley's own excellent teabags and sachets of instant coffee (which I can't vouch for the quality of). There was plenty of hanging and drawer space, so it was possible to unpack fully.

For those who need to work during their stay, the room also contained a large desk and firm chair. Although I didn't test the veracity of this, the hotel claims that free wireless internet is available everywhere - one in the eye for more expensive hotel chains which charge per day's use for a slow ADSL connection. It seems an inviting prospect to surf the internet from one of the many leather settees and armchairs in the hotel's public areas.

The bathroom was again spotless, although rather functional in appearance. Wall-mounted dispensers of Dove body wash and Palmolive shampoo were provided. The Grohe shower was fantastic. I spent a long, luxurious half hour washing my hair and showering, and the water temperature & pressure stayed constant throughout. Happily, the drain was free and unimpeded, so I didn't have to stand in a murky puddle of my own dirty water. Extra towels were provided as standard, and the towels actually smelled pleasant, as though they had been dried in the open air - a rare thing in a budget hotel. One tiny minus point must be awarded for the provision of a completely inadequate hairdryer, but then again I do have a larger than average mop of hair. It would probably serve the normal-haired guest quite well, and was thoughtfully situated in front of a mirror.

A really nice surprise came at dinner time. In the restaurant I ate what was probably the best steak I've had for ages. According to the blurb on the menu, Bewley's serves only aged, grass-fed Wexford beef, and here you can get an 8oz sirloin with mushrooms, bearnaise or pepper sauce and two side dishes for only just over a tenner. This wonderful beef was cooked perfectly rare as requested and served by competent, welcoming waiting staff in a pleasant dining room. I also ordered a large glass of red wine from an inviting list and enjoyed it thoroughly.

The buffet breakfast was served between civilised hours in the same dining room. It too was delicious, so I feel a bit churlish pointing out that a full Irish breakfast by definition must contain white pudding as well as black, and is usually accompanied by potato or soda farls and soda bread. But I do appreciate that these things may be hard to find in industrial qunatities outside Ireland.

All in all, I would recommend Bewley's as a lovely way to spend the night in comfort without breaking the bank. The public areas of the hotel have an exceptionally pleasant, open, light feel and the room I stayed in was cosy without being claustrophobic.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank Ghoti
Reviewed May 1, 2007

This was a blessed relief after the other hotel used on this trip. Bewleys is well presented, stylish, and comfortable. The staff that I encountered were faultless and personable. Also good value for the convenience/ambience offered.

The room was spotless, clean and despite the location (overlooking the aircraft apron) quiet. No opportunity to use the nice looking restaurant for dinner or drinks, but the (comprehensive) cooked breakfast was excellent, and fair value at £6.95 (Ibis - take note).

Very handy for getting into town via the adjacent train station (only £1.45 return off-peak).

Free courtesy bus connects to airport.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank Pelikan
Reviewed April 15, 2007

stayed at this place on the 5/11/2006 due to long haul flight the following day so we neaded an early start .Everything about the hotel was spot on .The bathroom was very clean the decor was very nice the beds were very comfortable the wake up call was on time the menu was well priced and the room for the night and parking for 14 days was a lot less than what i expected to pay .this hotel could charge 200 pound a night and it would be worth it .Ipaid 109 pounds.This hotel is awesome

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family