6,119 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight staypark and flyfamily roomone night staychecking incheck in was quickgood nights sleep
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night at each end of a holiday flying from Manchester airport. I used the hotel's free shuttle service each time to and from the airport (so 4 times in total) and have to say that the service was very good and very efficient; I didn't wait for more than a few minutes on any occasion.

I had different rooms each time and both were absolultey fine - decent size, clean and with tea and coffee making and iron facilities in the rooms.

However, two things let the stay down for me:

Availability of food - I don't know what other airport hotels do in Manchester, but at Bewleys no food is available after 11.30 pm. Not ideal for an airport hotel where I would have thought coming and going at odd hours is par for the course. On my return trip the flight was delayed for a couple of hours, meaning that I arrived at the hotel at 12.30 am. Even room service stops at 10.00 pm.

Attitude of some members of staff - I really am sorry to report that some of the staff have no business being in the hospitality industry. I must stress that this does not apply to all the staff I encountered - most were perfectly pleasant - but one bar tender clearly thinks bar work is beneath him (he's wrong - with his attitude he's way below the standard required) and some of the reception staff could do with some training in the basics (abruptness, lack of eye contact and general lack of interest to be avoided).

I can't help feeling that Bewleys relies too much on its undoubtedly good location.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Stayed here over night following a football match. The food in the lounge bar was lovely and the staff were very helpful.

The walls were paper thin and you could hear doors slamming at all hours of the night and morning. People shouting and knocking on others doors. Didnt get much sleep.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Booked a cheap park and stay with Superbreak.

The room is spotless, Reception efficient and yes considering the setting a little indifferent but it must be a very high turn over. Bed and pillows are so comfortable they are bliss. Very well equipped for a budget room. Hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities and iron. Nice decor fresh and airy and most importantly, exceptionally quiet, and we are right at the front virtually on the airport roundabout.

Would highly recommend. Plane mad hubby has gone for a walk over to the terminal to check out the planes arriving and departing, which are literally a stones throw away.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We thought the room was pretty good although a king size bed would have been better in a 4 star hotel. However the bathroom was spotless and water very hot. In fact no complaints until you get downstairs.
Let me first explain we booked on-line a bargain £69 deal and added breakfast and three course dinner for two. So we decided to go straight in for dinner and having been rudely made to wait by an arrogant little maitre d were told we were not booked in and we would have to wait ten minutes.
We then went and queued to get a drink for nearly ten minutes and thus were not particularly in the best frame of mind by the time we went back to the restaurant to be told by the maitre D that we were booked for a 'two' course dinner. I was just about to explode when I was grabbed by a charming Irishman who led us away to our table. The starter of a prawn cocktail was quite nice and the ribeye was tender but the small pot of overcooked yellowish, cut in half sprouts and something that was mashed and orange coloured was disgusting. My wifes upside down plum pudding was a solid lump of something inedible with not a plum in site and my cheese tasted cheap and chemically. I am afraid to say that when we got down for breakfast at 7:15 there was no improvement.
Again of course we were told that we hadn't booked breakfast or paid for it. This turned out to be true but not what it said on my print-out. I was told they couldn't understand what kept going wrong with the on-line bookings and I was advised to telephone in future!
Back to the "food" the bacon was tough and tasteless, the scrambled egg had a crust on it and the beans were skinned over. The bread was the best thing about breakfast but had obviously come out of the freezer as some slices were wet and others still had frost on them but were ok when toasted. As we were leaving fresh dishes of various things were emerging from the kitchen but that was no consolation to me!
For a quick summation of the food my wife and I had at Bewleys use the word yuk.
When I book hotels I always go with Trip Advisor and this is the first time I have been disappointed and cannot understand how it has such a high rating.
The shuttle nevertheless was very good and a useful extra.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2009

This was a lovely hotel, clean very large rooms. Bar and resturaunt large and smart. Staff were also very helpful as our hairdryer didnt work so we were able to use another rooms. all rooms have iron and ironing board which i thought was very efficient.

• Stayed: December 2009